Help with options

rallykid

Hello everyone,

I'm shopping for a new MB and a little torn between a F22 or B52.  One of the B52's that I'm looking at is fully loaded and some of it would most likely be a waste for me (i.e. heated seat and heating ducts in AZ is not a necessity).

It also has the surf light, theatre light and tower light.  I can see the surf lights on the back but I can't seem to find pictures or explanation (anywhere on here, Google or MB's site) of what the theatre lights are or what the tower lights look like.

Can anybody explain or point me in the direction of the information?

Thanks,

Stef

My understanding is both hulls are good for surf and wake boarding. If I were considering these options I would also weigh the water you'll be in. I've had V bows and pickleforks...in my experience the V bows handle rough water MUCH better. I'll caveat that with I've only been in the "F" model of the MB line not the "B52".

Considering the water I'm in I'll not buy another picklefork hull.

You really can't believe how good the new B52 23 is on rough water. Almost no chance of taking on rollers either, even a fully loaded G can run by and your good. That was definitely a plus for me.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Yes, 2015 23' is a beast. I almost bought one but coming from a 2013 to 2015 they made them bigger. I cannot get into my garage. Some of that was due to the massive trailer too.

Yes, 2015 23' is a beast. I almost bought one but coming from a 2013 to 2015 they made them bigger. I cannot get into my garage. Some of that was due to the massive trailer too.

I don't doubt they are, they certainly look like they would perform well in rough water. I have the garage issue to consider as well, would have to stick with the 21' boat in either model to make it work...still think the 21' B52 would perform better in rough water than the 21' Tomcat. Either way I like my boat.

For options I do like my heated seat and heat tubes. I could go with out the shower though, used it once just to see if it worked. I don't ride when it's cold so no need for hot water down a wetsuit.

Thanks for the great info everyone.

I'm not good enough of a wakeboarder or know any better (currently riding behind my Yamaha jet boat) to probably even notice the wake difference for wakeboarding between either boats.

I know I'm getting older and about to have my 2nd ACL surgery so wakesurfing is most likely in my future.

I think I would happy with either F22 or B52 since I don't have super rough waters but for those rougher days, the B52 might have a slight advantage.

I do love the picklefork look though... can't I have my cake and eat it too :P 

Have had both, i prefer the 23.I'd go for a raptor motor after having time with both its strong even when went to a 1235 this weekend could still break 40 and pull up whatever weight I threw at it. Bow rise is less in the 23, you can fully extend legs in the starboard side observer seat, also while i loved the pickle fork look i like the overall look of the 23 vs the 22.i have the tower lights I like them cause i like to ride at sunset and go back in slip at night so docking is easier. I didn't get the theatre lighting for me it looks good but boat has plenty of lighting already by speakers and one in floor standard.they are cheap tho and do look nice so i wouldn't pass on one that had them...for the surf lights if you don't care if they are that bright u may like them, but doubtful for surfing i tried using them even at wakeboard distance they can be blinding as they don't sit underwater while at speed.

I'd say go for whatever hull/model you like better. Don't sweat the extra option or two.. If you get the boat with the heater, you will come to love it on the winter days. Even in AZ..  

factory surf lights are meh

theatre light is not really needed. 

tower lights are helpful if you dock in the dark. 

Cav plate is going to be the most important option if you plan to surf. 

Alright... the dilemma continues but is getting closer to being a done deal.  Such a big investment deserves to be thought through.

For roughly the same final out the door price, give or take a couple hundred dollars, I can basically pick between a:

• 2015 B52 fully loaded (I mean every option available) with a color scheme that I'm OK with (color scheme of the B52 is below for reference)

or a... 

• 2016 F22 with the essentials (surf system, cav plate, carpet and pair of tower speakers) with the exact color scheme that I want

So that brings up the first question... which boat to pick? I can get the B52 pretty much now, the F22 is most likely 6 weeks out.  The F22 pickle fork design is probably my favorite.

Second question is... out of the three F22 color schemes below, please provide favorite and/or feedback.  The sales guy is telling me that anything but white is going to get really hot but I'm thinking a grey would be nice looking and maybe a little easier to maintain/clean.

Feel free to recommend other option scenarios and color variations.  As you can tell from the options below, my main color is blue with black accents on the exterior and varying contrasts for interior.

Thanks for the input.

post-2517-0-57602800-1436846303_thumb.jpg

post-2517-0-72401800-1436846345_thumb.jpg

post-2517-0-77409400-1436846351_thumb.jpg

post-2517-0-40108000-1436847067_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the great info everyone.

I'm not good enough of a wakeboarder or know any better (currently riding behind my Yamaha jet boat) to probably even notice the wake difference for wakeboarding between either boats.

I know I'm getting older and about to have my 2nd ACL surgery so wakesurfing is most likely in my future.

I think I would happy with either F22 or B52 since I don't have super rough waters but for those rougher days, the B52 might have a slight advantage.

I do love the picklefork look though... can't I have my cake and eat it too :P

I will comment on the pickle fork.  I really like the look, and still love the look of the 22, but I won't get a pickle fork again, unless I get a screaming deal on my next boat.  I like driving, parking, and the water/roller advantages of a traditional bow.  

I have an F21 and would do a 23 B52 next time for a bit more room, the great look of a massive bow with traditional design, and many say the B52 has its own hull design that is slightly different, can't say if noticeably better or worse though. In option one your top fiberglass is blue and an option two and three it's black if you go with the F 22 and pick your colors I would not do the black on top. The gray is not as hot as one with think but it does get pretty damn warm. I'm still voting the B-52

Thanks everyone and keep it coming. I think option 1 for exterior makes sense. Anymore feedback on interior schemes?

One thing I should have mentioned is that the dealer for B52 is 9 hour away as opposed to 1 hour away for the F22.

How much woulf that sway in your decision?