tower? 2012 is for sure the old style 4-pt tower, some of the very early 2013's had the old style tower as well. My 2013 was fairly early, but got the new forward swooping tower.

2013 might still be under warranty too, mine is until Sept. 

Tower would be something for sure if you have to take it down to get it on a lift.     I have a 13 with forward swooping tower and I have to put it down after every weekend to get it fully out of water at lake when I leave.   

The early 2013 back pad has been a problem for me.  Everyone I have been on has been a pain to open on one side or the other.  I'm not sure why, maybe put in crooked?  I LOVE the new back pad design compared to my 2012 just never found one that has worked correctly.  Thinking I have a buddie with a 2014 and still has a sticking issue with the back side.  13's also came with a flip up observer seat which I didn't like since the 2002 Super Air's.  I agree with the 12 and low ball the price.

• 4 weeks later...

With all this talk about lowballing the 2012 price, I need some guidance.  I've been looking at a 2012 B-52 23' with 149 hours.  It has the 401 (409?) PCM engine, 4 speaker, tower lights.

Any comments on a reasonable price?

With all this talk about lowballing the 2012 price, I need some guidance.  I've been looking at a 2012 B-52 23' with 149 hours.  It has the 401 (409?) PCM engine, 4 speaker, tower lights.

Any comments on a reasonable price?

$50K.... and falling.  8 weeks from now that boat will be going down for its long winter nap.  But right now it still feels like summer and sellers still want top dollar. In the winter I'd say high 40s, and come springtime maybe low 50s.  

They are rather obscure boats, so it's not like sellers have to beat buyers off with a stick.

How much is seller asking?

Also, any ideas about what a 2012 B52 23' sold for NEW back in 2012.......I saw on another forum (from a 2012 post) that they were selling new for $56k......seems odd to pay $56k for a 2012 in in 2015...right?

New with a 409, and assuming it also has the trim tab (cav plate) that boat went for low 60s, at least.  Maybe more depending on region... but even the cheapest dealers would be selling for over $60k.  

What it's worth today is more a function of today's used market.   It will sell for what someone will pay for it.

do you have a list of ALL of the options?

cav plate (trim tab)?

heater?

supplemental ballast?

what tower speakers/amps/subwoofer?

shower?

anything else?

The 409 and cav plate were expensive options (like $4500/1600 IIRC).

They are very rare boats and there probably aren't enough sales out there to set a real baseline.  What's the boat worth TO YOU?  Is it worth a couple grand to have it in your garage now or worth running the risk of it getting away before october?

If it's really loaded up $55K was probably fair back around memorial day.  I don't think it's the right price after labor day tho.  Maybe $52K then?

But like I said they are rare boats and it might be several years before another one pops up local to you and it might not have the options or gel scheme you like.  So there may be some "opportunity cost" value to you, even if you don't get the lowest price on the internet.  At the end of the day these are frivolous purchases for family fun.  

You could probably dump one of these boats in desperation (i.e. "quick sale") in the low 40s.  If you don't see that kind of thing on the horizon, or have time to hold the boat to wait on the right buyer, if you buy in the lower 50s you probably won't see more than 5-6% depreciation a year.  maybe less.  maybe more if you are doing 500 hours a year.

The fact that the boats are rare definitely makes them harder to sell, especially if you aren't in an area with a dealer, and especially when you are competing against the much less expensive 350-equipped base version.  The closer you can get your price to what the 350 boats are selling for, the better.