New options in 16?

DIESEL

Just sold my 2014 F22 (As seen in Tow Rigs 2014 -Black/Blue) and I am wondering the next new upgrades coming out. Thinking of going with 23' B52 (MB4) with GSA, heard it is a surfing beast! Any Help would be appreciated. Gotta have the latest and greatest.......

It is basically a 3 inch hole thru the rear locker floor into the tanks.The bag is connected to the thru hole. So bag in locker, when tank full fill bag with pump. to drain bag, open tank and it all goes out the back. The bag is piggy backing the tank.

I assume they are using aerator style pump with 1" fittings? Would fill pretty fast I would think but drain fairly slow if only gravity back through the pump correct? Still a good idea because pretty much everyone adds extra ballast anyway!

Are they also doing a front bag option?

It is basically a 3 inch hole thru the rear locker floor into the tanks.The bag is connected to the thru hole. So bag in locker, when tank full fill bag with pump. to drain bag, open tank and it all goes out the back. The bag is piggy backing the tank.

There is a lot not to like about this setup.  I hope it doesn't cost more than $125 as an option (a single T1200 aerator is $35).

1. Can't fill bags without also filing hard tanks.

2. Can't fill bags while under way (sounds like you must be stopped with gate open, because drain side relies on full hard tank to keep water from dumping?)

Seems very strange to me to go to the trouble of mounting the fill pumps to the hard tanks when it'd be just as easy to pull water through the bottom of the hull from the lake? Unless this was just to cheap out on through hull / seacock hardware?

There is a lot not to like about this setup.  I hope it doesn't cost more than $125 as an option (a single T1200 aerator is $35).

1. Can't fill bags without also filing hard tanks.

2. Can't fill bags while under way (sounds like you must be stopped with gate open, because drain side relies on full hard tank to keep water from dumping?)

Seems very strange to me to go to the trouble of mounting the fill pumps to the hard tanks when it'd be just as easy to pull water through the bottom of the hull from the lake? Unless this was just to cheap out on through hull / seacock hardware?

The boat builder tool on their site has the option priced as $1,600. "MB PLUG AND PLAY TWIN 800 LB. BAGS". I don't see an option without the bags.

I am very interested in pics of the pump setup though to see whether my suspicions of cheaping out on through hull hardware are correct. Having a plastic tsunami pump break on a hard tank could be catastrophic if the gate valve ever got stuck in the open position. Good thing that never happens.

thru hull, ball valve, 1" Plumbing, mounted in the floor, near the v-drive. you can fill indirectly underway, drains the bags stupid fast, also gravity fed ballast seems to fill a bit quicker, my guess is because this makes another vent hole.  

for surfing, this system on the 23, with GSA is so nice, hit 4 switches, enable surf left (or right) and it makes really nice waves right out of the gate

thru hull, ball valve, 1" Plumbing, mounted in the floor, near the v-drive. you can fill indirectly underway, drains the bags stupid fast, also gravity fed ballast seems to fill a bit quicker, my guess is because this makes another vent hole.  

for surfing, this system on the 23, with GSA is so nice, hit 4 switches, enable surf left (or right) and it makes really nice waves right out of the gate

Great news. Is it possible to fill the locker bags without it draining into empty gravity fed ballast tanks? Any pics or videos of the ballast setup or wake?

This is a 23, not the 24 pictured.

Full everything (factory 3000 + 1600 bags) Three people on board, GSA simply set to surf right

center tab 50%

10.8mph

5'- yes 5' water depth

also, i'm not the stellar photographer in this photo, so no finger in the pic comments

11933466_1183316955018432_27574737149993