Exile Audio/2016 Tomcat 21

scottdpfister

Hey Guys-

Wanted to give a quick update in regards to the 2016 Tomcat/21.  I picked it up a couple weeks ago and sadly missed the window of use by a couple weeks.  I have been sitting and admiring the boat (with a beer or two) just appreciating all the details and upgrades.....including the Exile Audio.

I'm an audiophile at heart......I listen to a pair of Focal Diablos on a daily basis.  On occasion I get the treat of enjoying a pair of B&W 802 Diamonds.  I like my music, I like all kinds, the range is quite broad.  I enjoy musicality and the warmth of sound.  Not so much into brightness in your face sound that many amplifies and speakers recreate.

Prior to joining the MB family I owned a Mastercraft Prostar 195.  I outfitted the MC with Exile Audio and talked to Brian on several occasions and we came up with a great system that I really enjoyed.  I joined the MB family about 3 years ago.  Picked up a 2009 MB Tomcat/21 in Washington.  Upon the initial purchase I removed all the audio equipment because I just wasn't that impressed.  The stock equipment seemed hollow and was missing the charm of the stereo that I was used to.  I went to local stereo shop and used what they recommended (not Exile).....while this was upgrade it definitely left me wanting more.

Fast forward to a couple weeks ago.  Frankly put, this Exile Audio equipment that is coming on the new MB's are up for whatever you want to throw at them, whenever you want to throw it their way.  Let me mention that I don't have the tower set yet (this will be in by spring).  The factory set up from MB and Exile on the 21TC consists of two 8+ inch 2 way speakers in the bow.  Four 6.5 inch speakers in the main seating area, 12 inch subwoofer in the observer's storage area.  Exile updated the receiver this year to just a digital Bluetooth controller.  This was a pretty sweet addition and really cleaned up the dash area.  This also made additional room to neatly add the zone controller.  All these additions really accentuated the dash area and took it to another level with fit and finish.  The Bluetooth controller is simple to use and works exceptionally well with my iPhone and iPad.  Exile really cleaned up the appearance of the zone controller too.  All the knobs on the face now have the ability to be pressed in and they become flush with the face.  This will eliminate the kids messing around with the levels or adults rotating the wrong knob when looking for the volume.  This little touch adds value and added attention to detail.

For me, this was a huge improvement to have MB pair with Exile.  These speakers have the sound, the engineering, the design and the profile to look and sound absolutely amazing.  Do yourself a favor if you are in the market for a new boat or upgrading your existing MB.......look at Exile.  You will not be disappointed, these guys focused on seamless integration and exceptional details and dynamics of use.

If you guys are curious I can add picture's.

That's my thought,

Cheers