Soulcraft on Order. Which Fins?

The Donfather

I was looking at the website. It says jc1 is for 145 to 195. I am gonna have to go with larg 180+. Are these fins sold in pairs of sets of three and you don't use the middle one. Or is it better to ord ram quad set.

I know all me it questions. Let the bashing begin.

I was looking at the website. It says jc1 is for 145 to 195. I am gonna have to go with larg 180+. Are these fins sold in pairs of sets of three and you don't use the middle one. Or is it better to ord ram quad set.

Size when it comes to wakesurfing isnt always pound for pound.

The Futures Blackstick JC1 is a fantastic fin. Its super fast down the line, has a nice pump, springy feel great fin.

If you want something with a bit more slide can I recommend the Generation HS2. It has almost identical drive to the JC1 but it spins on a dime..Donnie..You seems like you like to go out sideways a lot... lol

https://futuresfins.com/en-us/hs2-generation-2486-435-00-detail

Text me if you have any questions on these fins.  I have tested a bunch of them and are super happy with the new Generation series (it came out late summer)

If you want something with a bit more hold when you go for those hard carves I would say go for a "L" size fin... but not necessary...depending how loose you like your board.

Size when it comes to wakesurfing isnt always pound for pound.

The Futures Blackstick JC1 is a fantastic fin. Its super fast down the line, has a nice pump, springy feel great fin.

If you want something with a bit more slide can I recommend the Generation HS2. It has almost identical drive to the JC1 but it spins on a dime..Donnie..You seems like you like to go out sideways a lot... lol

https://futuresfins.com/en-us/hs2-generation-2486-435-00-detail

Text me if you have any questions on these fins.  I have tested a bunch of them and are super happy with the new Generation series (it came out late summer)

If you want something with a bit more hold when you go for those hard carves I would say go for a "L" size fin... but not necessary...depending how loose you like your board.

Running 6 fin setup or?

• 2 weeks later...

Don, what did you end up getting for fins?

I'm ordering now also and want to know best set up for JS pro

Thx!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone tried the viskus pad? http://viskus.com/

I rode a board with an early model viskus pad on it. Liked it enough that I wanted one to try long term.

After several months, Jeff finally got them in and I have one on the way.

website still says "out of stock" though...AND I just noticed this below. .with no availability to buy another, might be back to the foam.  

How long does each Viskus kit last?

This will vary depending on the weight of the surfer and how hard they surf. Our team riders typically average 20 uses. 

Ok hopefully should have my board soon. Want to order a set of fins . Was thinking qd2 4.15 but that is just the thruster. What main fin should I run . I am so confused. I weight 250 . 6'5" tall. I want something fast so I can keep pressure off my left (front) leg, since this is my new knee. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I could be wrong (I'm not a fluid engineer) but fins won't make the board fast or slow from a cruising perspective.  If you are just standing there, whether you need to weight your front or back foot will be a function of the wave and of the board design itself (rocker, channelling underneath etc).  What fins will do is give you the ability to generate speed by pumping.  If you don't/can't/won't pump, I don't think you'll notice any difference in the fins.

IMHO, YMMV, etc etc

• 2 weeks later...