Anybody ridden a 2016 150 Murray?

nbtomcat

Looking at buying a 150 hyperlite Murray and wondering if any of you fellas felt a difference in going with the bigger board. I'm 34, 198lbs and 5'10" riding a 142 franchise now. had a few knee injuries in years past but have really increased my leg strength but I'd like to help my knees with more surface area as well. Just wondering if anyone has some feed back on this size I've already ridden a 142 murray last year.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Never ridden a 150. I ride a 142 now and always thought it was the long board. I would almost be concerned with landings on such a large surface would be hard with no give, but not sue.

I am just amazed that this is the first post since February. I thought wake boarding was dead!! Lol

Never ridden a 150. I ride a 142 now and always thought it was the long board. I would almost be concerned with landings on such a large surface would be hard with no give, but not sue.

I am just amazed that this is the first post in the wake boarding section since February. I thought wake boarding was dead!! Lol

There was a thread talking about this on wakeworld too. My initial thought was that the bigger boards would suck on landings too. But those guys seem to be saying good things about the bigger boards esp the lower drag. I had all but stopped wakeboarding because its just too tiring and not nearly the fun when taking rough landings ( im 45 ). SO I have been watching the comments, might look at getting one.

Board has been pretty fun.  I ride the 144 Kruz Full time but I've been out on the 150 Murray to try the whole sizing up thing.  Im riding a lot slower and shorter this season and have fallen back in love with wake boarding bc I'm not getting wrecked.  Not having to edge hard to clear a wide wake and the slower speeds has me more comfortable trying stuff.  Boards are so fast now that sizing up reduces some drag at slower speeds and has made wake boarding not as scary.  Im about 190 and have been riding at 21mph at 60 feet.  wake is a little heavy to one side bc i was learning tantrum to blind the other night.  

post-1924-0-40154700-1465834128_thumb.jpg

Awesome! I took most of last year off after riding hard 2 years ago with full ballast trying to take everything big into the flats and injuring my knee. But since hitting the weights for more lower body strength and riding with just passenger weight at 70 ft the f21 has plenty of wake. I think I'll pick up a 150 murray to give it a shot.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Im right there with ya.  Ive blown a knee once and took a step back from wake boarding.  Most my friends are still badasses and ride long ropes fast speeds but I have no shame setting up the boat the way I'm comfortable with because I'm actually having more fun that way.  The murray doesn't have much bottom features  so it tracks pretty loosely especially with the variable edge.  But I've learned the past few months to have a shorter approach and deeper edge to pop more vertically versus having to carry more speed to cross the wake.  

I'm 6-1 190lbs and have risen a 144 Tom Fooshee Liquid Force for the last several years... love the board... very tight and controlled. Not a very fast board but the funny thing is that all of my buddies that ride it leave theirs on the rack and just ride mine.

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...