New Ballast System

Guest admin

Just a post to say that the new ballast system on the MB\'s are legit. One thing to look out for... i had a mud dauber (sp?) actually close up one of the vent holes with a nest which prevented the right side tank from filling all the way up. Took me about a week to figure out what the problem was. So, a quick FYI to anyone with that system. If your tank won\'t fill all the way, check the vents first!

mine opened all the way. I even had a spare one shipped from the company that made them and i hooked it up and it opened all the way. Have you messed with that alan screw on the gate itself to see if you can manually open it?

yeah after we got back from Lake mead in Nevada we were cleaning it up and opened them up to make sure that the tanks were dried out. As we were doing this we noticed that they only opened a quater of the way. I did adjust them with the allen key so they now open all the way. It did seem like they were taking a long time to fill up when we were there.

I would double check the airflow through the vents. I think you\'d have to blow some good pressure through there to make sure there is no blockage if you are seeing a slow fill.

It would take me 90 seconds or so to fill each side full. Was it longer for you?

yeah, to get them totally full to complete capacity put most of the people in the front of the boat and it will fill a bit faster. It always seemed like it took 90 seconds or so to fill but would drain in about 45 or less.

How did the stereo sound?

I couldn\'t believe how good it was, it took a while for us to convince the old man to stay on the dock for a run so we could really see what it could do. I was blown away with how good it sounded.

One Q: What does the knob under the steering wheel do? Not the tilt button but the metal knob?

I should mention that I am the son in law of Brian, I wish I could have been there to pick it up with them but I had to work.

pretty sure that is the dimmer knob for the gauges.

Also, you can crank those speakers all the way up as loud as you can, never have a problem. At least I never did!

It\'s crazy when you are riding, you can hear it perfectly then when you fall it\'s like \"holy CRAP\" those are loud!

yeah we used it like that on the last trip but you can get an actual ipod cable that plugs into the back of the deck and you can control the ipod through the deck and it will charge it as well. I am not sure what the 09\'s are getting but I will see if I can find a link.

• 1 month later...

Another thing you can do to help fill the new ballast system is back up slowly while it\'s filling. That will also allow you to truly fill them to the point of water coming out the vents as well...

The knob under the wheel is the speedo adjustment. If you\'re like most you never look at the actual speedo and just use the perfect pass but that\'s what it\'s there for.

• 4 weeks later...