Slingshot Boards

Racer808

I know most of you think that the 'battle axe' is dangerous. But using that wake foil I would guarantee is waaaaaay more dangerous then the sit down or the stand up ones they have available that use snowboard bindings. Once you fall off that wake foil you have no way of controlling it. I the CTM stand up foil it has you strapped in with the bindings. You can control where the board is going when you fall, same as the sit down. When you crash you have the control to move it, without being connected to the actual board it has the ability to go any direction, into you, your boat, someone else's boat...I am willing to try anything that is new, but it seems like there will be a lot of injuries. Even if you hop off the board or step off the side you run the risk of hitting the wings.

Do the seats come off of those? Would gatorstep cover the holes? Just thinking out loud...

You can take the seats off, but then the foil would have no where to mount, it mounts up through the seat frame. They did at one time make a stand up/sit down convertible set up but they are hard to find. Here is stand up version that SkySki makes. These are made to be pulled around wakeboard speed, maybe a little lower.

https://www.skyski.com/product-p/10-0820.htm

• 1 month later...

I have a butter bar and just got a cobra cat. The butter bar is pretty rad and fast...but unforgiving. Maybe all skim boards are? It's super flat. Really fun, but not great for a beginner. I'll et you know about the cat in a couple of weeks.

I was hoping to be out last weekend but by the time fam wanted to go it was too late for me to want to make the drive.  Hopefully this Saturday.  Glad I didn't get the butter, already worried the wife is gonna complain the Cat is too light, too lose, but we'll see.  She better like it since I already sold her board.....maybe I better hope she likes it....

Gnarwall does look sweet & thought about grabbing that too.  Probably won't be buying anything else this year.  Son never wants to go, daughter is talking about playing Club Lacrosse next season so she'll be busy all summer & not available to go & I am not sure I want to keep the boat if it's just wife & I, I could drop down to a cheaper 21' or maybe just give it up for a few seasons.   

I was hoping to be out last weekend but by the time fam wanted to go it was too late for me to want to make the drive. Hopefully this Saturday. Glad I didn't get the butter, already worried the wife is gonna complain the Cat is too light, too lose, but we'll see. She better like it since I already sold her board.....maybe I better hope she likes it....

Gnarwall does look sweet & thought about grabbing that too. Probably won't be buying anything else this year. Son never wants to go, daughter is talking about playing Club Lacrosse next season so she'll be busy all summer & not available to go & I am not sure I want to keep the boat if it's just wife & I, I could drop down to a cheaper 21' or maybe just give it up for a few seasons.

You just need a couple of boat buddies. At least they usually contribute help and gas money too compared to the kids which always cost.

You just need a couple of boat buddies. At least they usually contribute help and gas money too compared to the kids which always cost.

Everyone I like has either moved away, they never have time or they now have babies & my kids are almost gone.  It's hard to make new friends at 41 especially when everyone is basically hobby buddies to me.  It's like you're either boating with me, golfing with me but I am not into "hanging out" anymore.  I think it's my bed time at 8 & getting up at 4am, makes a social life difficult in the evenings.  

I'm 47 with kids. We do kids on weekends and I try to get buddy trips up in the week after work. My crew varies, but can usually get three or more up there. Sometimes getting that third is pulling teeth. Lol

Come out it in my storage unit. We will roll out every weeekend with you .

Racer you have one foot in the grave!Thanks to this forum a have a handful of boating compadre's. Before that it was like pulling teeth to find peeps to go for a day on the water with me, my wife and kids.

Some days it feels that way. I should have listened to a buddy who told me to choose quality of life over the pay that was offered to jump ship. It's not all bad but I gave up being able to come and go as I please, just not show up on a Friday, golf when I want with customers. Now I actually have to do work again and it's slowly killing me. I don't think there's many Colorado MB guys on here? I saw a mastercraft with two flat bill bros and about 10 hard body hotties at a cove party. Was trying to get the girls to join my crew but the wife some reason wasn't down with it.