Speaker noise

One day I’ll find someone that knows the basic settings of amps and whatnot to come tune them. Brian helped point me in the right direction for the towers but it’s getting too much juice from Apple Music and shuts the tower amp down at even 3/4 volume.... I guess . They’re still louder than the 6.5 HLCD that came factory!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the pictured Syn-4 the one thats having the issue? If so, is it safe to say its power 4 tower speakers? I dont see "too much juice from apple play" as being an issue. 

Don't forget about the 1 foot RCA cable between the Bluetooth and the ZLD in addition to the RCA's going to the AMPS. You should also remove the Raptor ground loop isolator.

A simple test is to disconnect the RCA cables from the inputs on the AMPS if the noise goes away then the problem is the RCA's or head end components.

i put in a blue seas battery isolator switch problem solved. my old perko switch seem to be the problem

Likely the incorrect factory wiring of the switch, then the switch itself. Installing the new switch, the issue was resolved by default with the new wiring schematic.Resolved many an issue, simply rewiring the existing switch and system, 

• 10 months later...
4 hours ago, dillyrev said:

I have whining issue on my new boat, seems other people have also. Stupid question but why don't MB install stereo correctly and what about their stringent test of all systems when built. 

If this is a new boat, then let the dealer work with MB to resolve. Youve paid for the warranty. 

If its a used boat thats new to you, first thing is to see if any non OEM installed audio gear, is installed. Where the B+ and B- are terminated, makes a difference. Amp gain can create unwanted noise. Incorrect or cheap RCA cables can lead to noise. 

13 hours ago, Wylietunes said:

If this is a new boat, then let the dealer work with MB to resolve. Youve paid for the warranty. 

If its a used boat thats new to you, first thing is to see if any non OEM installed audio gear, is installed. Where the B+ and B- are terminated, makes a difference. Amp gain can create unwanted noise. Incorrect or cheap RCA cables can lead to noise. 

Yes its a new boat, but its a 6 hour round trip to dealer in phx X2 to pick back up, so hopefully something simple to fix i can do myself.