• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I tried switching out all the RCA's, checked all the grounds, made sure stuff was tight. Had the dealer look at it and check everything. In the end I ended up adding this. The hardcore stereo guys

Two things.   one common issue is a ground loop issue due to your helm electronics (head unit, EQ, etc..) grounded to a different point than your amplifiers. Best practice is to run all your power a

We like stirring up old stuff around here so it’s fair game. Like waiting for an F24...     Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two things.

one common issue is a ground loop issue due to your helm electronics (head unit, EQ, etc..) grounded to a different point than your amplifiers. Best practice is to run all your power and grounds for the entire stereo system to the same points.

Second, if you are hearing the whining in only the towers but not the rest of the boat it could indicate that your gains are set too high on the tower amps or the gains are much lower on the cabin amps. A proper tuning of the entire system is probably needed after you take car of the ground loop issue.

Just note that an audio ground loop is not limited to the DC ground side. In many cases, its not even related to the ground side. Whine is different then a faint gain hiss. However, excessive gain can let unwanted noise bleed in, with or without engine running. In most whine cases, its comes back to an installation issue. 

Should you order a GLI? one word, bandaid! 

I have been researching this issue, I have a 16 B52 that came with the stock Exile setup that had a slight whine only with the engine running.

Over the winter I added 2 tower speakers and now the whine is worse.  I am going to have it tuned first but from what I have read/heard so far it sounds like the system needs to be rewired.  A friend mentioned running new higher quality rca cables so that will be next.

Sounds great when the engine is off...

I tried switching out all the RCA's, checked all the grounds, made sure stuff was tight. Had the dealer look at it and check everything. In the end I ended up adding this. The hardcore stereo guys don't like it because it's just a bandage for the real problem. The frustration of engine wine/hiss on two different MB boats got the best of me.

This fixed the problem, I'm very happy

https://powerwerx.com/newmar-150a-alternator-line-noise-filter

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, I just found this thread and am new the forum but it sounds like you guys might be able to help me. I noticed that one side of speakers on the interior wasn't playing. I swapped the RCA plugs coming out of the back of the amp and the speakers that were working swapped as well. This makes me think that I just need to replace the RCA chord. It appears that it runs down from the amp through the floor, but I'm trying to figure out where exactly it runs to then. My assumption is the head unit but I'm not sure, and I'm also not sure which input on the head unit it would be. For those of you that have replaced your RCA chords could you maybe give me some input on how you replaced them and where they run? Thanks.

Hey everyone, I just found this thread and am new the forum but it sounds like you guys might be able to help me. I noticed that one side of speakers on the interior wasn't playing. I swapped the RCA plugs coming out of the back of the amp and the speakers that were working swapped as well. This makes me think that I just need to replace the RCA chord. It appears that it runs down from the amp through the floor, but I'm trying to figure out where exactly it runs to then. My assumption is the head unit but I'm not sure, and I'm also not sure which input on the head unit it would be. For those of you that have replaced your RCA chords could you maybe give me some input on how you replaced them and where they run? Thanks.

I'm pretty sure on the B-52 rcas run from the amps all the way around to the bow and then back to the head unit. It depends what set up you have. Do you have a FM stereo (clarion) or jthe exile Bluetooth/eq? Early 2016 at the traditional Clarion stereo, and later and 16 they moved to the exile Bluetooth/EQ

Mine had the same issue at the beginning of this season.  The aux button had built up crap over last summer and then sitting all winter.  I ran through everything you did and it had me stumped so I swung by Exile and they just popped the faceplate off of the ZLD, hit the aux button with contact cleaner and cycled the button a couple time.  Everything works great again!

• 1 year later...

Necro, I'm having this issue on my 16 F22. Don't have a lot of confidence in my installer since after the crimp connecters it became obvious he didn't even use an actual crimping tool and wires were falling out.

Not sure where to start.

Faint whine with engine off but big whine with it on. Only way to kill it is turn of stereo or drown it out with loud volume.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Not RCA Failure the wrong Type of RCA's were installed at the factory. Before replacing the RCA's you need to understand the two types of inputs Amps have. If it is a single ended input you should use shielded RCA"s. If it is a differential input you should use twisted pair RCA"s. This YouTube video gives a good explanation. My 2016 MB was factory installed with twisted pair RCA's but the Exile amps are single ended inputs. Changed out the RCA's to shielded and the noise was gone.  I would also recommend that the power and ground wires for the Bluetooth and ZLD be run directly back the battery per the Exile installation guide. The switch power can remain to turn the units on and off.They also have a setup sheet on the exile web site for the AMP settings. The new Exile amps have a switch that allows for single end or differential inputs so either cable can be used.

You can order RCA's from Exile. you will need 3 20' RCA's to run around the bow from the ZLD to the two amps make sure you mark them for cabin, tower and sub. so you can plug them into the correct outputs and inputs. You will need 1 1 foot RCA from the Bluetooth to the ZLD.  I ran a new power and ground direct to the battery for the ZLD and Bluetooth. It is a cleaner installation if you put the RCA's and Power ground is separate wire looms.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J7S39CW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1