Thinking of a new boat. MB B52 vs Supreme S238?

guitarcrazy

I currently have a 2012 B52 23V and love the boat.  Our first boat was a Centurion Elite V, and the B52 was a massive upgrade.  I love the look, wakeboard wake is great, and it surfs really well.  I added 1100s to the rear lockers, and a 400# bag in the nose.  I get a steep wave that is easy to surf, but it isn't as long as some boats I have seen.  Goofy wave is really nice.  I now have 430 trouble free hours on the boat, but am starting to get new boat fever.  I really liked the value proposition of the 2012, which made it easy to spend the money to upgrade.  Looking at the 2017s, the cost of MBs have risen quite a bit.  It  now looks like the Supreme S238 is probably the best value boat available.  Reviews say the surf wave is impressive, but wakeboard wake may not be as good as my B52.  I am not as fond of the Supreme styling, and really like the look of the 2017 MB tower and gel schemes. 

Has anyone on the forum demo'd both the new B52 and the S238?  Any thoughts on switching?  I really love my MB, but I don't think I am willing to step up to $90K for a new boat. 

post-1155-0-85247400-1502378413_thumb.jpg

Perhaps they have improved, but when I cross shopped the Supreme 226 against the MB F22 last year, my open noon was that the fit/finish if the Supreme was pretty far off the mark of the MB. Great styling but the materials and construction seemed lacking.

Completely agree.  

You guys ride a Supreme?  I almost got one but I didn't like the interior.  Heard they surf amazing but only listed?

I surfed a 17 S238 and S226. They really produce an awesome listed wave I have seen, but for switch wave the MB was hands down 5x better right out the box. The guys as FineLine were nice enough to throw another 800lbs on the rear seat of the 238 for me but it still wasn't anything compared to the wave out the box I got from the F24 and that made up my mind immediately. 

Demo both and see for yourself. I prefer the vinyl quality of the Supreme over the MB, maybe not the "finish" look but the quality of the vinyl itself seemed much better. I just didn't care for the "squared off" look Supreme gives on all their ascetics. 

am starting to get new boat fever.  

I don't think I am willing to step up to $90K for a new boat. 

your OP seems to contradict itself.....

the only reason listed in your OP as to why you are shopping for a new boat is "new boat fever" then get ready to pay for it....MB is still your best bang for your buck, even at $90K

your OP seems to contradict itself.....

the only reason listed in your OP as to why you are shopping for a new boat is "new boat fever" then get ready to pay for it....MB is still your best bang for your buck, even at $90K

So far I have found several S238s in the high $60's, low $70s.  I haven't seen any new B-52 23Vs in that range.  I haven't been in an S238, but for that price, and what is supposed to be a world class wave, it seems worth consideration. 

The main reason for the post was to hopefully find people that have been in both.  It seems not many have surfed and wakeboarded both. 

So far I have found several S238s in the high $60's, low $70s.  I haven't seen any new B-52 23Vs in that range.  I haven't been in an S238, but for that price, and what is supposed to be a world class wave, it seems worth consideration. 

The main reason for the post was to hopefully find people that have been in both.  It seems not many have surfed and wakeboarded both. 

I urge you to go read the supremecrew.com. I don't see anyone over there raving abut how good their wave is. Quite to opposite, post after post bitching about trying to get a decent wave and lots of QC issues. I'm also looking at the S238 and the MB. the MB has much better fit an finish than the S238. S238's don't like weight in the front at all, all the weight has to be in the back and they ride nose up big time. Doesn't sound very fun to me. I'm leaning back to MB.

I would love a 2017 or 2018 MB B52, just not sure the price delta would be worth the upgrade.  I spent roughly $20K going from my Centurion Elite V to the MB.  If I can keep the delta at $20 to $25K I would be interested.  I doubt I can do that with the 2018 MB, and probably not even the 2017.  It looks possible with the 2016, but I don't like the tower on the 2016s.  I prefer the one on my 2012 to the ones from 2013 to 2016.  Just don't dig the look of that tower.  J

what do you mean you "haven't seen them"?  As in, haven't seen them advertised somewhere (or listed on a dealership site) for that?  That isn't surprising.  However, I think you'd find that the actual sales price after negotiation would be considerably less than $90K, probably in the mid/high 70s.  I don't think you'll likely get into the 60's, though, at least for a B52 23.  I got my F22 in that range, though.

I would love a 2017 or 2018 MB B52, just not sure the price delta would be worth the upgrade.  I spent roughly $20K going from my Centurion Elite V to the MB.  If I can keep the delta at $20 to $25K I would be interested.  I doubt I can do that with the 2018 MB, and probably not even the 2017.  It looks possible with the 2016, but I don't like the tower on the 2016s.  I prefer the one on my 2012 to the ones from 2013 to 2016.  Just don't dig the look of that tower.  J

it's times like this I miss Pete...... :ph34r: