The DonFather's Boat has landed.

The Donfather

2:1 tranny and 17" props will change the answer to this question in the future. Those are going to make smaller motors more viable.

Why do 440s in MBs make so much noise and eat so much fuel? My 440 is very quiet, and we surf at 3500-3600 regular and 3200-3300 goofy in my 24.5' 5400# monster boat (Supra SE) with 4200# ballast. All at 4.2-4.8 GPH. It's amazing.

Is it hull shape that makes the difference? Don't get me wrong a 575 would be awesome but we actually don't need it at 1400' elevation.

EDIT: in my Supra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I, too, find it interesting that our boats seem to require higher surfing RPM than many others. My friend's new Malibu 23 lsv with the 400 and 1.76 trans run at 3200-3400 surfing with a total weight about the same as my F22 and the same prop. Mine runs at 3600 - 4000. The hulls are obviously quite different, so I have assumed that it has to do with that.

What are you doing to get the 93 octane fuel for that beast? I made the 440 decision in my f22 partly because of that factor.

That was a worry of mine also. My normal spot (Orwood) I just bring in fuel in cans anyway so not an issue. They do have 91 at the dock although. My concern was a few lakes I am planning on going to don't have 91. So I will use octane boost.

I got my gatorstep today. Gonna install on Saturday.

Will post pixs in six weeks.

I'm surprised you didn't post a picture of it all laid out on the floor face down with the sticker backing facing up so no one could see it