2008 mb b52 v23 vs 2009 mb b52v

Like was said by Olds, 23' all day long.  Between the 2 options, there is only 1 choice, unless you want 2 footitis the first year you own a boat.  As for the gas consumption, if that's on your list of worries, maybe you'd better find a different hobby.  You do know what B.O.A.T. stands for right?

Bust Out Another Thousand! 6.0 doesn’t do bad on fuel. We push a 24’ Tige around with 4500 lbs of water in it with a 2079 prop and it may burn 2-3 gallons more than my 343 an hour. I may have my years wrong but someone will correct me but I believe the only benefit to the 21 in the big deep v all the way back. It’s a different wave but not noticeably different than the previous hull as long as you equip each correctly on accessories for what sport you’re shooting for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thank you for the info about the six-liter engine. I know this was talked about on a different forum but I don't see how this boat is overpriced, on nada it says that it is priced a couple grand under its value

http://seattlewatersports.com/boat/2008-mb-b52-v23/

You never go off NADA, the market dictates what boats are worth.  NADA had my Malibu 12k lower than what I sold it for.  Having came from a 21' to a 23', there is no way I would ever go back to a 21' even if it's just the wife & myself out.  As for engine, is that even a serious question?  You always bigger.  I have the 6.0L & still wish I had more.

The shortest answer to your question as to whether, or not, the boat your are showing us is overpriced, is yes.  It seems the comments you have received have been uniformly to that fact.  As Racer808 noted, don't rely on NADA.  See what boats are selling for in the local area where you are looking.  Online classifieds are a good option.  The asking price is just that, and I can't imagine a dealer being serious when asking the noted price for that vintage of boat, and certainly not one without a trailer.

Doesn't mean you can't get to an equitable pricing agreement with the dealer, if you think this is the boat for you, but there's some negotiating work ahead to be done, in my opinion.

Can't speak to either of the other boats you are comparing with the '09 Tom.  Our first B52 was an '08, and to be perfectly honest, that was so long ago, and so many surf wave set ups ago, I can't remember what that wave even looked like.  In truth I think we were still spending most of our time wakeboarding.  The '08 put out a decent wakeboard wake, but it's nothing like the rides the new ones provide!

BTW, as was asked earlier I believe, how close is the nearest MB dealer, or whatever brand of boat dealer you might be looking at for that matter?  If you're thinking of buying a boat that's nearly 10 years old, you're going to want to have a dealer that will treat you well, so that should be part of the purchase decision.

I guess I’m the only one that is going to go with the B52. Better hull, ballast gates instead of pumps, better tower, first wide body with more freeboard. If you sit in the two you will be surprised how large the 21’ will feel compared to the older hull design of the ‘08.