2019 MB Meeup Advice and Opinions

The Donfather

I sent Jones Valley an email. Got an email back next day. The offered 10% again to us for Fathers day dates.

I sent another email stating that some of us received emails after we booked last year for 20% off from houseboats.com, why can't they offer us that now. No answer yet.

I will keep you informed,

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I heard back from Jones Valley. They are only offering 10% off houseboats.

I want to do Shasta. It is a good location for most of California and The PNW crew.

Does anyone have info on a different Marina on the lake they liked with good houseboats and a staging area for 100 plus people for a dinner and a raffle.

The first year we went to Shasta house boating we rented from Shasta Lake Marina. https://shastalake.net/ The owners are good friends of Drew at Boatmasters. I see if I can get his contact information next week for you. They purchased Packer Bay marina and move a few ago. Not sure what the marina has for facilities. 

The first year we went to Shasta house boating we rented from Shasta Lake Marina. https://shastalake.net/ The owners are good friends of Drew at Boatmasters. I see if I can get his contact information next week for you. They purchased Packer Bay marina and move a few ago. Not sure what the marina has for facilities. 

Their cheapest Houseboat is 2k more for the same week as Jones Valley.

I am back to thinking about doing it at Tower Park.

• 1 month later...

My two cents, Berryessa.

Berryessa is limited for Cabin Camping.

That is why we are trying Tower Park this weekend. It has Cabins, tent areas and RV parking. It also has a lot for kids to do.  Come on over for the weekend meetup and check it out with us.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is an update for the 2019 MB Meetup.

We did the Tower Park Mini Meetup. It went well with just a few small issues. Those will get fixed for the main meetup. The park has a lot to offer. They will launch and retrieve your boat. The have tent camping, cabins or RV Sites. There is a ton to do for the kids. Multiple pools,Lazy river, laser tag, miniature golf,Ice cream shop and restaurant and store for needed thing your forget. Also rental of some water toys and golf carts to get around.

I contacted the venue about using their Pavilion for the dinner and auction. They don't allow the use of that. So I am in the process of checking into the restaurant since they have a section for event like this.

Once I know more I will post.

• 2 weeks later...