Trailer reverse solenoid

It\'s funny this question came up, because since we are new to our MB and thier fancy trailers, do you have to do anything to be able to back up? Sometimes our trailer locks up and somtimes it goes just fine? Also any one else have a sloped driveway? We have put some nice scratches in the concrete due to the low prop gaurd, thinking about making some sort of dolly for the trailer to ride on when it backs up.

If it is flat or slightly uphill traveling in reverse, then my trailer brakes engage. It is all the time now, used to be sometimes.

My way around it is to put some pennies in the sleeve and override the mechanism. I rekon I dropped about 37 cents in lost pennies last season. Shit . . .

We had a back up issue from the day we bought our boat. I called Sporting Edge and they said bring it back and we will fix it. Turns out it was a loose/disconnect wire about 18\" back from the plug. So this being said, I have seen alot of trailers with the provided \"lock-out\" tool taped in place. Maybe they have the same problem, loose wires. I have to back my trailer up about 300\' of driveway, and now it works great. Thanks