The New 24 thread, finally proper pics!

The Donfather

our crew disagrees with the bow weight theory most here ascribe to. we weight the back somewhat to the surf side. Ran yesterday with 6500 lbs total. 500 lead extra right at the windshield and a 900 and a 375 in the rear. amazing.

Really want to see a pic of this wave u speak of. That sounds like a fair bit of extra work...is it really that much better? We pretty much fill all and go and wave is near perfection. (Goofy size money, reg side needs slight tweaking with weight)

For the record, we feel same regarding bow weight

As a general rule of thumb you wouldn’t ever add weight to the front of a boat until it needs it. In other words you’re running so heavy in the back that the pitch attitude is too high, and commonly the motor can’t handle it. As long as you can pull it running nine or 10° high with 1,000,000 pounds in the back, it will always be better.

I would say if you’re running eight or nine big adults in the back, she’s going to need a little bit of front help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really want to see a pic of this wave u speak of. That sounds like a fair bit of extra work...is it really that much better? We pretty much fill all and go and wave is near perfection. (Goofy size money, reg side needs slight tweaking with weight)

For the record, we feel same regarding bow weight

we got some video of it, need to get it from my buddy. its magic dude, GIANT difference. I can recover from nearly anywhere and the pocket is nearly double in size. Its like falling on love with your boat all over again.

Here’s how to weight 90% of boats:

Max their factory ballast.

Then max the ass end with people, weight, chicken pot pies.

Keep adding until it’s too nose high to pull the load, THEN add bow or at least front-ish weight until the bow comes down to something reasonable and the motor is back happy again.

use the least amount of surf tab possible to make a clean wave, and cheat weight to surf side enough to clean the lip of so needed.

Here’s how to weight 90% of boats:

Max their factory ballast.

Then max the ass end with people, weight, chicken pot pies.

Keep adding until it’s too nose high to pull the load, THEN add bow or at least front-ish weight until the bow comes down to something reasonable and the motor is back happy again.

use the least amount of surf tab possible to make a clean wave, and cheat weight to surf side enough to clean the lip of so needed.

This is spot on...

Post up some videos or pics with riders. With a wake so massive you've got to be throwing down!

• 3 weeks later...

F24 #2 is finished and will be on display and demo at Action Watersports DFW meet & greet on September 28th.  Go check it out.  I am.

http://www.mbboatowners.com/index.php/topic/6978-action-watersports-dfw-meet-greetdemo-day-with-2020-f24-unveiling/?do=findComment&comment=94327

• 2 weeks later...