The New 24 thread, finally proper pics!

The Donfather

I'm a pretty good Monday morning armchair quarterback myself.  Straightening the beltline will make a few people happy but not others.  Hindsight is 20/20, but not sure it is needed at this point.  A lot of people like the new design, a lot don't. That's what happens when you radically change an already loved design.  Look back a the 1988 Chevy trucks, people hated them after the square bodies and then they took off, never looking back.  It's way too early to change the design.  I agree that this has been one of the worst new model launches ever, mostly from overhyping something that was a work in progress.  We never heard any hype about the Paragon or M240 until after they launched.  With that being said, remember that MB is a small boat manufacturer that doesn't have the deep pockets or marketing groups of the big guys.  They aren't planning on selling hundreds of these each year.  They only build 350 boats total.  I'm sure they will find 50-75 people each year who will love these boats.

That's true. For the most part the only people that know this boat exists are MB owners. All the hype was here. Many people like the design but I'd be willing to bet that if the rub rail was straight from the beginning, those people would have liked the boat just as much.

If it doesn't surf? I have yet to see anything compelling on that front. That thing should be throwing a wall of water, it should as good or better than the new X24 in terms of surf wave. That's my expectation at least. that boat is a beast, it should be throwing a beastly wave.

Few videos out now that look to be a solid wave. The change of the tabs seemed to be the money move for the wave!

Few videos out now that look to be a solid wave. The change of the tabs seemed to be the money move for the wave!

Ive seen them all and I'm not seeing anything that even compares to the B52 wave. the wave very well have more push out of the box but like I said, I have yet to see a wave that all the other brands are producing out of a 24ft boat. I'm sure they will get it worked out, after all the B52 wave wasn't all that great originally then in 2018 they made some changes and boom! awesome wave.

I definitely prefer how it looks with the straightened rub rail! I wonder, though, whether any of that rub rail would actually be at dock level for most docks.  I know that my F22 sits a lot lower than this new F24 and the height of the rail above the water is just about perfect for keeping the glass off the side of a dock if fenders fail.  If the rub rail was another 8"+ higher, as this one must be, it wouldn't be in a spot to protect against possible dock rash.  I know there are plenty of taller boats that also have their rails waaaay up there, but it's just a thought.

• 3 weeks later...

looks like all the dealers are getting these things. the most overprice dealer on the planet (SWS) has one. I might drop by there and look at it in person. I will report back. Still no Surf vids so I'm expecting changes to the running surface next year. If this beast can harness all the ballast its capable of I bet the wave will be epic.

looks like all the dealers are getting these things. the most overprice dealer on the planet (SWS) has one. I might drop by there and look at it in person. I will report back. Still no Surf vids so I'm expecting changes to the running surface next year. If this beast can harness all the ballast its capable of I bet the wave will be epic.

Just looked at their website—interesting boat. Something’s off on the interior colors IMHO, but the Shamu look isn’t too bad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just looked at their website—interesting boat. Something’s off on the interior colors IMHO, but the Shamu look isn’t too bad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah I'm usually not a fan of black and white boats but the way they laid out the black and white softens the swoops. the interior is dreadful though. Hard no on the black piping and the tri color just accentuates that weird U shape in all the seats. they really need to lose that, its not sharp at all. MB does great interior work and this works against them IMO.

I agree, I would do all solid color to eliminate the bizarre patterns and the goofy lobster bibs. The best looking one so far for me, has been the one on the website. really softens the lines. Had I seen that boat first I would like it more. The lines are so round it makes the boat look really short and stubby.