Brianinpdx

Exile Subwoofer Options Explained By Model Year.

Exile Started working with MB sports in 2015 and redesigned their audio system in the boat. I'll lay this out by model year.

2015: Half the year had a 10" sub powered by a 6 channel amplifier. It also had that clarion head unit that was pretty lack luster in performance. Mid year MB changed over to the Exile system that featured a dedicated 12" subwoofer from the 10". We used a scanning tool to take modeling measurements of the semi sealed enclosure they had used at the time. We requested they modify the space in a couple of different ways.. 1) seal up the enclosure. 2) vent the enclosure into the hull. The performance increase was 10X what they had before. It's ~2.2cu box tuned at 37hz.

2016: No changes to the system. I built the pearl white boat that has 2 big 12's under the helm powered by 2 15.1's [custom custom]. I don't recall what the box venting was but it will knock your teeth out its so loud. The dash is filled with foam. The Big12 is a 35lb woofer.

2017: I built the ultimate MB system (midnight edition) complete with 8 zones of LED, rub rail etc etc. This lead to MB getting many requests to offer a bigger factory option.

2018: MB added our 8's into the cabin and we tune them to 80hz. The amplifiers are set by Exile by our staff to eliminate boat to boat performance issues. Each amp is safety stickered. I built a downscaled version of the '17 boat and this is what you all know as Package C on the builder. Is it a step down from the '17 build? Yes, but its also a major step up from the factory offering. The 2018 Exile boat was this package C setup. Here's how package C up's the game over the stock setup:

Cabin Zone:

Exile Amp changes to XM15.4 from the XM100.5 (javelin amp). This gives you 2x the power and a dedicated amplifier for the cabin (amp 1)

Tower Zone:

add's 3 pairs of speakers powered by 2 XM30.2's (amp 2 +3)

Sub Zone: 

Deletes the Xi12D woofer and add's in the Big12 woofer and powers it with the XM15.1 amplifier. (amp 4). Because the sub is so massive, it needs to be relocated from that factory baffle behind the seat down into the observers cubby. There are several MB's that I've seen people have re-used that location but before doing so they have re-enforced that enclosure with more fiberglass. I know Aren at AWS has done that and it rocked.

So in summary: Package C goes from a 2 amp setup to 4 amp setup with a lot more power and add's a 3rd set of towers.

2019: The new Exile boat will be Package C and is getting built right now this week. We've got a few top secret things happening that I think you'll see play out in 2020. But for now, lets leave that off the table. Each year we use our boat about 100 hours and really put these system to the test.

I can honestly say, MB Sports has a very robust stereo setup right from the factory. They offer a lot of value in this department no matter which setup you opt for.

-Brian

@exileaudio

So a 1500W rms, setup, not 2000W.

Don’t see a 2000w claim in this thread. If a woofer is rated at 2000w and is powered by 100w, it is still a 2000w woofer. A ZR rated tire is still a ZR rated tire even when it’s going 25 in a school zone.

Wylie you can be so helpful on other sites and yet you feel the need to come to the MB site to bash on Exile continuously.

We know you sell Wetsounds, JL and Kicker and that there is nothing better in the world than what you sell. Nobody is listening.

This thread is an explanation of what came from the factory in these boats. Get a new hobby.

If a woofer is rated at 2000w and is powered by 100w, it is still a 2000w woofer.

yes it is, but "woofer" is not the term I used. I stated "system". With a 1500W rms and and woofer capable of handling more then 1500W rms, would you not agree that its a 1500W system? The woofer will perform to the level of the amp wattage, not its "rating". 

As to bashing, what did I say negative here about the brand? 

This thread is an explanation of what came from the factory in these boats.

So then whats the issue with getting a clarification on whats actually there? With nearly doubling the amp wattage potential, not to mention the excursion advantage the BIG has over the xi, this should be an impressive upgrade. I see no reason to not state the facts about. 

Ive not commented on the 4 amp system, strictly clarifying the woofer setup. It was noted by Brian in another thread, it was a 2000W woofer. No amp listed, so that post lacked some context. This thread lists the amp for the woofer as being a 1500W rms amp. So the sub system is a 1500W rms setup, regardless of the woofer's rating. 

For all we knew, Exile was about to drop a new mono for this season, and it would be 2000W rms @ "X" ohm. 

I prefer the sound of the SXT9 (surf speaker). I run 3 sets of those.... You absolutely could flip the switch on your XM9 (lower speakers) and attenuate the horn 3db. It will give smooth out the tone some.