MB Sport Instrument Gauges

thchavez05

I have a 2000 MB Sport Boss 210. My tach gauge stopped working and we did some trouble shooting and it is in fact the gauge that is not working. I took the gauge out thinking the manufacturer name would be on it somewhere....nope. Can anyone shed some light on who manufactures these older gauges. Is it Faria Beede?

Thanks!

Now I’m questioning my gauges.

My temp gauge isn’t reading accurately so my 4 cluster gauge needs to be repaired/replaced.

2004 220V

I thought it was Faria... do you think mine are the same as yours?

Thoughts?b4398e31d8502607c6c6362878fc517d.jpg0cf4be716ea6f8535d2a13e3afb2e88d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How can you be sure it’s the gauge? Have you ohm’d the sensor? Checked continuity of the wiring from the gauge to the sensor?

Sounds like you have a grounding issue between all the gauges. I would make a temporary ground straight to the battery and see if that changes anything. More so than less it’s a ground and not a power issue and especially in the marine world!

Sounds like you have a grounding issue between all the gauges. I would make a temporary ground straight to the battery and see if that changes anything. More so than less it’s a ground and not a power issue and especially in the marine world!

oldsmobiledriver... great idea! I’ll try that first, thanks.

Hondateck117... had my boat mechanic fixing a previous overheating issue. Although he fixed it on the engine side she was still reading hot on the water. He came back and isolated it to the gauge. Couldn’t afford to have him dive into something I can tackle.

• 1 year later...
On 3/16/2019 at 8:04 PM, LiquidObsession said:

Now I’m questioning my gauges.

My temp gauge isn’t reading accurately so my 4 cluster gauge needs to be repaired/replaced.

2004 220V

I thought it was Faria... do you think mine are the same as yours?

Thoughts?Posted ImagePosted Image

LiquidObsession did you ever find out who made these gauges?  

I've got an '05 and my Tach and speedo haven't been working for years.    I think the sensor is OK because Perfect Pass works fine, so I think it is in the Guage.

They are Medallion Gauges, which are not made anymore. My fuel gauge wasn't working, so I swapped the plugs to see if it would work, it did!

Something is also up with my pitot line or computer. So speed does register on gauge so I am switching over to the new GPS harness kit put out by Nautic Laugic: https://nauticlaugic.com/NL2.html

Pretty slick!! Hope that helps some

Thanks thchavez05, that GPS conversion looks great, but pricy.     My speedo is registering, but is way off and reading way too slow.  

I'm hoping the tach is just a connection glitch.

What do you mean when you say you swapped the plugs?

8 hours ago, Lanzo said:

Thanks thchavez05, that GPS conversion looks great, but pricy.     My speedo is registering, but is way off and reading way too slow.  

I'm hoping the tach is just a connection glitch.

What do you mean when you say you swapped the plugs?

A mechanic said to swap the plugs on the four pack (they are all the same plug) just to see if the gauge is at least receiving power. This helps to narrow it down that it is not the gauge that is faulty. if it is receiving power, then the problem is somewhere else down line!!

They are Medallion Gauges, which are not made anymore. My fuel gauge wasn't working, so I swapped the plugs to see if it would work, it did!

Something is also up with my pitot line or computer. So speed does register on gauge so I am switching over to the new GPS harness kit put out by Nautic Laugic: https://nauticlaugic.com/NL2.html

Pretty slick!! Hope that helps some

A mechanic said to swap the plugs on the four pack (they are all the same plug) just to see if the gauge is at least receiving power. This helps to narrow it down that it is not the gauge that is faulty. if it is receiving power, then the problem is somewhere else down line!!

On 5/22/2020 at 6:27 AM, Lanzo said:

LiquidObsession did you ever find out who made these gauges?  

I've got an '05 and my Tach and speedo haven't been working for years.    I think the sensor is OK because Perfect Pass works fine, so I think it is in the Guage.

Lanzo... No, I haven't found the opportunity to dive into this yet.  It's definitely an issue with the whole gauge cluster as my speedo/tach began failing intermittently last summer.  I agree the suggested GPS conversion is a bit pricey.  As a "get me through" for the summer I used my iphone for gps speedo and it worked fantastic.  Hoping to find some time this summer to tackle the gauge issues.  If you find a solution to your problem please post it.  I'll do the same... if I can ever get to it.  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

LiquidObsession...  can you share what the root cause was of your overheating issue?  I know you were previously struggling with this and tried thermostat, impeller, etc..   What was the final root cause?

I have an 05 and have never had an overheating issue, but I would like to know how to avoid one 🙄.   

Looks like you might have some good insight on this...

• 1 year later...
On 3/14/2019 at 11:35 AM, thchavez05 said:

Hey Bosshog.....thanks for your reply! Just heard back from Faria, they said its not their part #. Actually they have turned out to be Medallion gauges out of Michigan for anyone who comes across the same challenge!!

Hey thchavez05,

Did you end up getting replacement gauges? If so, can you send the link to where you got them from? Also, do you have a picture of the new gauges?

Just purchased a 2000 MB Sports Boss 190 Plus and likely need to change the gauges. The needles are all over the place but luckily they’re all still getting power when I turn on the boat.

Thank you!

• 2 months later...

A2Anthony, i also just picked up a 99 210 v drive and my gauges all have power, but the needles point anywhere that doesn't make sense. did you figure out how to get your 4 needle gauge to work right? my tach is hit and miss, my fuel gauge doesn't work (sensor has power and I played with the float, but when i moved it, the needle stayed put), my volt meter works and my temp meter works. Neither speedo works either and the previous owner swapped the pick ups already. i will keep playing with it and post any successes. Hoping I don't have to track down aftermarket gauges.

• 10 months later...

Great info on here. I too am having problems with my gauges working and then randomly not working. Anyone have a lead on the dash and instrument wiring diagram? I'm thinking it's a ground issue. They all worked fine 2 week ago and then all of a sudden they're all over the place. 1999 boss 210 v drive.