Gatorstep install

2013 F21 templating for gatorstep. 2 questions. 1) battery in bow, replacing lid with atainless steel. Templet instructions indicate to follow raised non skid pattern. It stops and starts 3/4" from edge of battery cover. Do not like that much division. Will gator transition from non skid to smooth glass and stay stuck so i can make the seams tight? 2) what are people doing with the black cowling under dash? The carpet floated on top and snaped to it. It has ridges and covers a mess on floor. Dont c gator laying smooth on it and don't c obviousway to get rid of it. Help

1. Why replace the battery lid with stainless steel?  I hope no one heavy stands on it and gets shocked!  :o

2. The factor style for the models that don't have fiberglass under the helm is to put the gator right up to the edge of the black plastic.  There is a good photo showing this here even though this flooring is aftermarket http://www.mbboatowners.com/index.php/topic/6194-fs-2017-f22-tomcat/?hl=gatorstep

I have seen one on here (can remember who) who made small strips to go between the ridges in the black plastic.  Those are the only two styles I've seen.

Why are you replacing the battery cover with something that can cause an arcing issue and potentially burn some one or cause a fire?

Also I would follow Gatorstep instructions on the template. They have been doing it awhile. I have a F21 that they did the template and installed. Looks great. No complaints

To answer why stainless, the fiberglass cover is ill fitting. The stainless cover will have a rubber inside so no arc issues. Gator sent me templete but no directions

i can send you photos of mine.  I made a new battery cover as the one that came from the factory was white and my floor is black.  I used stainless screws and screwed the cover down so it doesn't float or move at all. I can also show the transitions you are asking about.

Jake, I ordered templet kits from Gator and Aqua deck. Gator just sent roll of mylar. Aqua sent mylar, pen, detailed directions and link to instructional video. Still wanna use gator because of logo options. I called today and they are going to send the precut paper templet. Thanks for the info and the offer to send me yours!

• 1 month later...

Still mailing templets back and forth. Prob is Mucker's as seat post wrong place. I am trying to make this as seamless as possible, eliminating the spaces between templets #9 & 8 (main to bow)as well as 9 & 10 (main to right of capt seat) season startn here in NC so gotta pic up the pace!

• 1 month later...