Auto/Electric Flag Holder

Double E

Anyone have a Kevin Favors auto flagger on their boat? Attached a bracket to the lower speaker mount on the inside of the tower and ran a wire to an extra switch on the dash. He has a few ready to go if anyone is interisted let me know located in Granite Bay Ca.

post-6391-0-94021300-1556750268_thumb.jpg

IMG_6289.MOV

post-6391-0-97011400-1556750294_thumb.jpg

post-6391-0-20283700-1556750312_thumb.jpg

IMG_6291.MOV

post-6391-0-00771200-1556750790_thumb.jpg

post-6391-0-98814200-1556750802_thumb.jpg

post-6391-0-36074100-1556750858_thumb.jpg

Hmmm....does he have one in Black? How much?...Install easy?

Let me ask the man on the price. They are actually black when he makes them I painted mine white. The last pic shows it in black before I painted it. Not too bad on the install running the wires was a little tight on the port side of the tower you have to loosen the tower base because the speaker wires on my 19 B52 do not go straight through the tower base into the boat. I made the bracket myself. 

I did a quick google search regarding CA law and flag display. I did not see where an individual must hold the flag. Could you please provide the reference for individuals required to hold the flag. I’ve been boating in CA for 8 years and have always used a holder and have never been stopped by authorities. Not saying I’m right or wrong just want to educate myself on the laws of our “wonderful banana republic of CA”. I know I can’t have a straw in my boat anymore and will have to pay a tax on any garbage bags brought on the boat. Lol.

I did a quick google search regarding CA law and flag display. I did not see where an individual must hold the flag. Could you please provide the reference for individuals required to hold the flag. I’ve been boating in CA for 8 years and have always used a holder and have never been stopped by authorities. Not saying I’m right or wrong just want to educate myself on the laws of our “wonderful banana republic of CA”. I know I can’t have a straw in my boat anymore and will have to pay a tax on any garbage bags brought on the boat. Lol.

LOL so funny about the straws and bags.. gotta love Cali

When I get a chance I'll look and see what I can find. My reference comes from like 12 years ago when the auto flag holder came out and sheriff pulled us over saying it was not legal.

Well looking either things chaged from then or most likely I just dealt with a you know what sheriff..

I didn't find anything either stating someone must hold the flag:

7009. The Ski Flag. (a) Ared or orange flag measuring no less than 12 inches on each side, in the shape of a square or rectangle, mounted or displayed in such a manner as to be visible from every direction shall be known as a ski flag. ( B) The use of this flag will not be construed as conferring any rights or privileges on its users, and its display will not be construed in itself as restricting the use of the water in the vicinity of the vessel displaying the flag. © Operators of vessels will, however, exercise precaution commensurate with conditions indicated. (d) The ski flag shall be displayed when one or more of the following conditions exists. (1) A downed skier. (2) A skier in the water preparing to ski. (3) A ski line extended from the vessel. (4) A ski in the water in the vicinity of the vessel. The ski flag shall not be displayed at any other time. NOTE: Authority cited: Sections 652, 658, 658.7 and 659, Harbors and Navigation Code. Reference: Sections 650, 655.3, 658.7 and 659, Harbors and Navigation Code.

658.7. Ski flag. (a) Failure of the operator of a vessel involved in towing a skier to display or cause to be displayed a ski flag, as described in subdivision (a) of Section 7009 ofTitle 14 of the California Code of Regulations, to indicate any of the following conditions, is an infraction punishable by a fine not exceeding fifteen dollars ($15): (1) A downed skier. (2) A skier in the water preparing to ski. (3) A ski line extended from the vessel. (4) A ski in the water in the vicinity of the vessel. ( B) Subdivision (a) does not apply to a performer engaged in a professional exhibition or a person engaged in a regatta, vessel or water ski race or competition, or other marine event authorized pursuant to Section 268.

interesting, seems like it's just a lenco inside of a tube and the flag attaches to it?  would be awesome to integrate that into a gps-based surf system, where it deploys the flag at the same time that the surf system is retracting. 

this would be simple to relay trigger off the surf tab lenco's

• 4 years later...