Fat kid rated board?

Sbentz101

Been looking for the best board for family member who is 330lbs and new to sport. He has been wakeboarder for years, pretty athletic for his size. Tried him on my 5'2 cwb board and not quite able to drop rope. Local marina had a hyperlite landlock so he bought it on a whim and still no luck. I have a 2019 b52 23 full ballast, 300 lead, and like 4 adults in boat. Think my speed was too fast maybe...started at 11.2 which is what I surf and then lowered to 11. Maybe I should go down to 10.6? Any suggestions on best board for this big fella?

Not sure this will help because there not beginners boards but heard good things about ronix lunatic the board is a couple years old but you can still find them. I ended up going through lake wakes and had a custom board made and he took my size and my brothers size into account and who is as big who your talking about and we both can drop the rope and carve. We are riding behind a 2017 F24 at about 11.2. I also know fin size makes a difference with push Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

look at the funboards. El jefe, Manna tee,

El jefe and manna tee both rated under 300lbs. It seems to be impossible to find a spec board that is rated for over 300. The boards I got him on he could probably learn to drop rope but would not be able to move or would fall out of wave...no play area. I'll see if he is interested in having a board made for him

I started with a 5'3" Bazooka and now ride a 4'11" K3 I'm 315 right now. i'm heavy for the K3at the moment. but Mike will build a board to fit your needs

https://thewalkerproject.com/product-category/wakesurfboards/

I see the 5.5 bazooka is rated to 350

..thanks for the referral.

Been looking for the best board for family member who is 330lbs and new to sport. He has been wakeboarder for years, pretty athletic for his size. Tried him on my 5'2 cwb board and not quite able to drop rope. Local marina had a hyperlite landlock so he bought it on a whim and still no luck. I have a 2019 b52 23 full ballast, 300 lead, and like 4 adults in boat. Think my speed was too fast maybe...started at 11.2 which is what I surf and then lowered to 11. Maybe I should go down to 10.6? Any suggestions on best board for this big fella?

you need more weight.

you need more weight.

Really? I haven't played with the wave too much yet (ie: pin placement, moving lead around, etc) but I feel that there's plenty of weight and wave is pretty good so should move him with the right board? That's why I bought an mb...so wave wouldn't be a problem anymore.

Really? I haven't played with the wave too much yet (ie: pin placement, moving lead around, etc) but I feel that there's plenty of weight and wave is pretty good so should move him with the right board? That's why I bought an mb...so wave wouldn't be a problem anymore.

yes, I ran 6000lbs total ballast the other day with just 3 people in the boat and the difference in push was night and day. get a 900lb bag and test it out. its magic

Everyone should probably realize that weight ratings on surfboards are very very subjective and depend on a bunch of factors (wave). There is no bona fide universal rating system. I’m not suggesting that board makers are lying, but I’m suggesting real world experience versus what’s written down might be different.

Agreed but I would assume that a board rated for 220 and a board rated for 350 would be a different behind the same wave and that if I have a 330 rider I would choose to put him on the bigger rated board if he was learning?

Sure. He needs a full size table to learn on. 5’ Long plus.