Trailer Ground Clearance

Hey All! Sorry if this is a repeat post in advance... I have a 2017 boatmate trailer for my B52 but the ground clearance for the prop guard isn’t enough to back into my driveway. I have lowered my hitch to offset the rear but would really like to be able to get a few additional inches of ground clearance. The prop guard is only appx 5” off the ground when level. Anyone have any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It should be easy. Your trailer likely has torsion axles.

1. Remove the wheel

2. The trailing arm is attached to the splines of the axle. This is secured with a bolt that pinches the trailing arm onto the splines. Mark the end of the axle and the trailing arm so you can go back to the original set up if need be.

3. Remove the bolt and you should be able to wiggle the trailing arm off. Pivot it down a few splines and replace it (this will raise your trailer).

4. Replace the pinch bolt and retighten.

If this is foreign to you google torsion axle and you’ll get an idea of what it will look like.

This was posted the last time someone asked this question. I thought it might be a good resource.

That attachment is mine. I raised my trailer a couple of years ago because of the same problem. Best thing I could’ve done. PM me if ya need any help.