Doubling down on the swoopy rub rail? B52 Limited

Birddog7.62

I heard they will be 10-15k more also....

They continue to go up every year and are pricing themselves out of their market in my opinion. The slight price difference is what pushed me into a Malibu which is a night and day difference wake/performance wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every manufacture has different increases every year. At MB we have never had more than a 4 percent increase vs the big 3 that go up 7 to 9 percent every year to appease there shareholders. One thing we continue to strive for is affordability with a quality custom built product that performs as good or better than our competitors. We are grateful for our customer base that understands our mission and vision

definitely like the idea of a deeper, drier boat.

How do u get deeper without changing hull or eliminating subfloor? I agree some storage is lacking but the back compartments and storage under the glovebox are are huge to make up for what’s lacking under seats

They continue to go up every year and are pricing themselves out of their market in my opinion. The slight price difference is what pushed me into a Malibu which is a night and day difference wake/performance wise.

Wake as in wakeboard or surf as well? Curious

definitely like the idea of a deeper, drier boat.

How do u get deeper without changing hull or eliminating subfloor? I agree some storage is lacking but the back compartments and storage under the glovebox are are huge to make up for what’s lacking under seats

Make the sidewalls taller.......?

The running surface won’t change, but the rest of the fiberglass obviously is going to.

The Boat Shack will 100% have the new BOMBER at our show! We received our first pics of the deck and hull out of the molds and put together yesterday... it's EXACTLY what we had hoped for!

As I was reading over a few of the posts, I saw someone say the existing B52 is going away... that is INCORRECT (sorry if this was already addressed but wanted to make sure that was cleared up). That existing boat is magical and MB understands that. TBS has been told the boat will be around (as it is) for a couple more seasons.

We are really excited about the new BOMBER (that's what TBS is calling it in house). This boat is going to give a lot of our customers that are 3-4 deep in the B52 since 2015 a new look, deeper feel, some new features but most importantly the same wave that came out and changed it all in 2018 since the surface is the same.

This boat will be very "limited" until the 2021 model year but we are excited about the amount we will get for 2020 (we fully plan to sell our order spots out at our show)... this boat will be spectacular for Utah!

I hate to post pics of it too soon... we chose a pretty basic color (ALL WHITE EXTERIOR OF COURSE :) ) that we are going to be dressing up once it gets here with some VERY custom silver chrome exterior pieces. We probably won't have finished pics of it until the weekend before we move into our Utah Boat Show (Feb 6-9).

As always, feel free to give me a holler with questions. 801-518-6343 (Jason)

Here is what my buddy had to say about the Malibu 22 VLX surf wave and boat VS my B52.  VLX wave while smaller and shorter, had more push and was amazing in it ability to be adjusted. The MB wave was bigger, taller, longer. Almost no ability to shape the wave. the VLX was part of Seattle Boat's, boat share so I'm sure it was pretty bare bones but his impression was, the MB was far superior in fit and finish.

As I was reading over a few of the posts, I saw someone say the existing B52 is going away... that is INCORRECT (sorry if this was already addressed but wanted to make sure that was cleared up). That existing boat is magical and MB understands that. TBS has been told the boat will be around (as it is) for a couple more seasons.

I know you have the inside track on the situation. I was just repeating exactly what Mike said to me last week.

The running surface won’t change, but the rest of the fiberglass obviously is going to.

Well yeah, but wouldn’t that change the way the boat sits in the water? I have no idea how the physics work on that. But I would think higher sidewalls means more fiberglass Which means more weight, so at the very least it’s heavier and displacing water a little bit differently. And then again not knowing exactly how boats float, a taller boat would then have a longer pivot point (for lack of a better term). Just seems adding sidewall would change the way it sits in the water somehow

ugh, from long and sleek to stubby and rounded. At least it will still be a surf monster. My next boat wont be a 23 footer so I guess I wont worry about it. Looking forward to seeing other changes like convertible seats and a deeper walk through.

What are you getting next?

Well yeah, but wouldn’t that change the way the boat sits in the water? I have no idea how the physics work on that. But I would think higher sidewalls means more fiberglass Which means more weight, so at the very least it’s heavier and displacing water a little bit differently. And then again not knowing exactly how boats float, a taller boat would then have a longer pivot point (for lack of a better term). Just seems adding sidewall would change the way it sits in the water somehow

I see where you’re coming from, but no not really is the short answer. As long as the bottom contours and the angle of the sides and transom are all the same it would behave in much the same way in the water. Yes it would be heavier, which would be a good thing.

Went to the factory today. Saw the 24 and the new 23 The ones I saw will be in The Boat Shack booth. I like both boats. The 24 looks way better in person than any pix out there The new 23 has a lot of new stuff in it You will have to go to the show and check it out. It is a must see

Went to the factory today. Saw the 24 and the new 23 The ones I saw will be in The Boat Shack booth. I like both boats. The 24 looks way better in person than any pix out there The new 23 has a lot of new stuff in it You will have to go to the show and check it out. It is a must see