18 B52

Racer808

Can anyone confirm if the 18 ballast bags are on their own pumps or is it that gravity feed from the hard tanks set up?  What size were the rear stock ballast bags?  Is it worth the warranty transfer costs on an 18?  I think boat is only 3 so that's a year left, what about motor?

Anything in particular to look at on a low hour used 18?

they are on pumps to fill and sit atop the hard tanks and use gravity to empty. Mine are 1100lbs each. Check for leaks, mine has leaked like a sieve since I bought it. Had it fixed last year and now leaking again when surfing. Check codes to ensure there have been no issues with the cats.

they are on pumps to fill and sit atop the hard tanks and use gravity to empty. Mine are 1100lbs each. Check for leaks, mine has leaked like a sieve since I bought it. Had it fixed last year and now leaking again when surfing. Check codes to ensure there have been no issues with the cats.

bags are leaking or something else.

18's should be pretty solid

What is the deal with MB & CATS?  Two other guys with 17's had CAT issues as well.  What was the solution?

What is the deal with MB & CATS?  Two other guys with 17's had CAT issues as well.  What was the solution?

I believe its an indmar thing. But should be corrected. I had mine done on my 2017 at 125 hours and sold it at almost 300 hours with no more issues 

I believe its an indmar thing. But should be corrected. I had mine done on my 2017 at 125 hours and sold it at almost 300 hours with no more issues 

Being I am buying out of state I don't see local MB dealer being very responsive to any warranty.  Is it just a sensor or two if I need to do anything?

Being I am buying out of state I don't see local MB dealer being very responsive to any warranty.  Is it just a sensor or two if I need to do anything?

With all the o2 sensor/cat issues you'll want to transfer the motor warranty.

Or you can just cut the cord for the alarm and ignore it  :lol:

I believe the warranty transfer was only 100 bucks. 

But If I remember the cats were allowing water to damage the 02 sensors. So they redesigned them. so a sensor may fix the symptom, but the cats will need replaced to fixed the problem. 

I believe the warranty transfer was only 100 bucks. 

But If I remember the cats were allowing water to damage the 02 sensors. So they redesigned them. so a sensor may fix the symptom, but the cats will need replaced to fixed the problem. 

crap, I hope they fixed it before 18

The 02 sensors are upstream\before the cats. I got the sensors from AWS and replaced myself. I couldn't have my boat at the dealer for two weeks mid session for a 1hr job. The replacement ones are a revised design. I have original cats on my 17' with 160hrs. There were runs of them that were okay. It's an easy replacement, transfer the warranty.

From iPad or computer it’s right at the bottom. From my phone I have to hit the “full version” button at bottom of my screen, then hit “more reply options”, then “choose file” & pick a pic, then “attach this file”. Kind of a pain from the phone but not too bad.

post-2666-0-67536600-1578492399_thumb.jpeg

post-2666-0-81841200-1578492420_thumb.jpeg

post-2666-0-35474300-1578492600_thumb.jpeg