anyone have issues with center tab welds failing?

Birddog7.62

Yeah this was on some facebooke posts, I need to check mine.  Can you put a pic so I know where to look on mine?  Any thing one could do to be ahead of the curve with a fix before the weld gives?

You could have a good local welder lay some nice welds and/or put a half dozen bolts/nuts through. 

On my 16 F22 those welds started failing at the beginning of last season.  I ended up running 6 bolts through the connection.  Can't imagine it coming apart now!  Pretty disappointing to see those little welds letting go, though.

I'd like to see a pic of that if you could.

Here you go.

post-2832-0-47398400-1563062505_thumb.jp

Did you take them off to drill?  It looks like the hinges are tigged on the ends to stay in place?  GSA on my 13 the hinge bar was always backing out, Ryan at GSA told me to put some JB weld on the ends.  Looked at mine last night, no cracks but wouldn't mind putting a few bolts in place just to be safe.

Did you take them off to drill?  It looks like the hinges are tigged on the ends to stay in place?  GSA on my 13 the hinge bar was always backing out, Ryan at GSA told me to put some JB weld on the ends.  Looked at mine last night, no cracks but wouldn't mind putting a few bolts in place just to be safe.

Haha!  Yes, I took it off to drill.  Simple matter of unscrewing from the transom.  Went through a couple of bits in the process as well (I'm certain that was operator error, though!).