• 4 weeks later...

How is everyone doing with current situation going on? Bought my boat about a week or 2 before all this craziness, don't think I would of if I had waited to buy. To top it off pretty much stuck working everyday at so I don't see any boating getting done anytime soon. I look forward to calmer times and getting back to put my baby in the water. 

I hope you are right but as a physician working in the hospital everyday since the pandemic began, it doesn’t feel like the same as the seasonal flu.

In trying to understand your statement most accurately, do you mean the panic is creating an environment in the hospital much worse than influenza or that you are working with patients affected with covid-19 and they are reacting to the virus much more severely in general than the flu?

I hope you are right but as a physician working in the hospital everyday since the pandemic began, it doesn’t feel like the same as the seasonal flu.

the curve is already flattening here in Washington. The virus has been here a lot longer than people realize. As more people get tested the death rate will steadily drop. Its highly contagious and that is the biggest concern.

the curve is already flattening here in Washington. The virus has been here a lot longer than people realize. As more people get tested the death rate will steadily drop. Its highly contagious and that is the biggest concern.

This is exactly what I have been saying to those around me ...its my belief also. Lots of people disagree with me but I'm standing on this idea until I see enough evidence to prove otherwise. I hope this is reality because this shutdown is messing everything up.

Like most things, the unknown is probably the most frightening thing. This has led to the confusion of how to manage the resources at the hospitals. In the meantime, we wait and scale back normal operations in order to reserve supplies and manpower for the possibility of being overwhelmed. Nationally, some hospitals are already overwhelmed. I’m not sure if more testing will help at this point since it is so wide spread. Everyone is already isolating themselves which would usually be the recommendation for someone who tests positive. So what’s the point of testing? I guess to make sure those who do carry the virus heed the warnings of isolating themselves. I do think the actions taken will reduce the feared projections as seen in the case of Washington. I have faith there are very smart people who are working on solving this and future viruses.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Mikewoods
      Following Don's lead- I'm hoping this boat needs no introduction. F24 or bust!

2019 MB Sports B52 in like new condition. Stored on a hoist and wiped down after every use.

90 hours on the Raptor 400
      Boatmate Deluxe Tandem Trailer with Spare
      GatorStep Flooring
      Metal Flake Gel
      3 Outlet heater
      Heated Drivers Seat
      Surf Lights
      Zero- Off
      Speaker Package B
      LED Theater Lights
      Swim Step
      Dual Batteries
      Surf Pipe
      Billet PTM Mirror
      5000 lbs of Ballast
      MB Switch Surf System with Cav Plate

$86,999

• By pwhicksjr
      When I was draining the water from the boat today, I noticed my PnP bags came installed reversed: Port and Starboard.

I have never seen these installed or removed. The red connector on the vent and fill lines look normal compared to YouTube University for other boats.

What do I need to know are out the PnP connection to the hard tanks?

My Starboard side bag always pops out my cup holders and I’m guessing these bags are different enough that they would not go out of there way to label them otherwise.

Thank you for the assist!
    • By guitarcrazy
      After a 4th of July weekend at the lake we decided to get in one last surf run before closing down.  I have a 2012 B52 23V with about 395 hours.  We were out surfing as usual and after a start I heard a strange metallic rattle that sounded like an aluminum can popping and rattling under the platform.  I slowed and stopped and looked under the boat and saw nothing.  I have an FAE and the supports sometime rattle so I thought I may have had a strange rattle from there.  We started up again and surfed for another 20 minutes or so and all was normal.  I put it back on the lift when we got back and looked everything over.  I then spotted what looks to be a small hariline crack in the prop shaft strut.  It is so straight and follows the angle of the strut which makes it look almost like it is a manufacturing mark.  Has anyone seen anything like this before?  I would guess I will need a new strut, which will likely mean having the boat out of commission for a few weeks since all the dealers get swamped in the summer.  Anyone have any experience with this?  Thanks.  JB
    • By Boatlife
      Hi guys, I am close to pulling the trigger on a trade in of my 2013 f21 tomcat to a 2017 B52 21 foot. The main reason I am doing this is for the GSA as I do not want to list the boat anymore for several reasons. I have been reading many threads on this site and it seems that everyone that has a B52, has the 23 foot version and loves it. I also love the new style, engine, tower, gator flooring but I just curious on how this gsa wave will stack up against my tomcat listed wave with 1100lbs in the corner and some weight in the bow. Can anyone speak to having a 2017 B52 21 foot or know anyone who has one? I would just like to know there thoughts on the wave and weighting etc. This boat will have the 800lbs plug and play installed over the factory tanks.

I really appreciate the feed back guys and I am getting a good price on this particular boat so it's this one or I'm not upgrading this year

Cheers!,
    • By turps73
      Hello,

i was thinking of putting a ladder under the swim step.  does anyone know if the smooth bottom is for sure hollow?  it appears to be which would pose a problem to put on a ladder.  input is appreciated of has anyone done it?