Anticipation

dillyrev

• 4 weeks later...

How is everyone doing with current situation going on? Bought my boat about a week or 2 before all this craziness, don't think I would of if I had waited to buy. To top it off pretty much stuck working everyday at so I don't see any boating getting done anytime soon. I look forward to calmer times and getting back to put my baby in the water. 

I hope you are right but as a physician working in the hospital everyday since the pandemic began, it doesn’t feel like the same as the seasonal flu.

In trying to understand your statement most accurately, do you mean the panic is creating an environment in the hospital much worse than influenza or that you are working with patients affected with covid-19 and they are reacting to the virus much more severely in general than the flu?

I hope you are right but as a physician working in the hospital everyday since the pandemic began, it doesn’t feel like the same as the seasonal flu.

the curve is already flattening here in Washington. The virus has been here a lot longer than people realize. As more people get tested the death rate will steadily drop. Its highly contagious and that is the biggest concern.

the curve is already flattening here in Washington. The virus has been here a lot longer than people realize. As more people get tested the death rate will steadily drop. Its highly contagious and that is the biggest concern.

This is exactly what I have been saying to those around me ...its my belief also. Lots of people disagree with me but I'm standing on this idea until I see enough evidence to prove otherwise. I hope this is reality because this shutdown is messing everything up.

Like most things, the unknown is probably the most frightening thing. This has led to the confusion of how to manage the resources at the hospitals. In the meantime, we wait and scale back normal operations in order to reserve supplies and manpower for the possibility of being overwhelmed. Nationally, some hospitals are already overwhelmed. I’m not sure if more testing will help at this point since it is so wide spread. Everyone is already isolating themselves which would usually be the recommendation for someone who tests positive. So what’s the point of testing? I guess to make sure those who do carry the virus heed the warnings of isolating themselves. I do think the actions taken will reduce the feared projections as seen in the case of Washington. I have faith there are very smart people who are working on solving this and future viruses.