My bro in law is dead set on buying a Malibu. Which should he get and what should he look out for?

I don't really pay munch attention to them. He's not as much of a researcher, figured I'd at least help him with some groundwork research, and this lot is the best in the biz.

He's looking for new or more likely barely used 23-25'

Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I love the wave of the 25 LSV that I rode last year! It was supercharged, and i would do the same. I think that they changed the Haul in 18 on it, may have been 19. The 23 LSV get the M6 motor for sure!

We're at elevation, so I told him not to skimp on motor.

I run the 400, and it does mostly fine, but it would be nice to have some more horses.

I rode behind a 2019 23 LSV last year w/450. It's a great boat and you can find lightly used 19's at reasonable prices

Thanks guys, hopefully he ends up with a good boat. I've only ever ridden my wave, will be fun to get a little variety.

The wave behind the LSV I've been on is very different than the MB wave.  Much less steep, smoother (like glassy) and less solid.  More of a mound of water than a "wave".  Still, tons of fun for sure.  The other very noticeable difference between his boat and my 16F22 is how much lower his engine revved at surf speed, despite the same engine, transmission ratio and prop.  Probably a result of less overall weight and less bow rise.  Either way, his boat surfs at 3200 or so vs 3800 - 4000 for mine.