adam4x4

Time for a new Truck

26 members have voted

1. 1. Ford or Ram

• Ford
    • Ram

Current rig: '17 3500 Ram dually Laramie Mega-cab.  The 6.7 Cummins doesn't even know the '17 24' Tomcat is trailing along behind.  This is my 6th Ram since 1998, and have no reason to buy anything different.  Sons-in-law have Fords, and Chevs, and even a Toyota, but I'm a big Ram fan!

Buy the Ram!!

I'd agree the 7.3 fords were a great thing to have especially during the 6.0 years. However, the diesels of today run great and are a pleasure to drive, even with all the EPA restrictions. HP and TQ are more than sufficient. 

i am waiting to see what the new tundra is going to be like..supposably it is getting a turbo V6 with 500 ft/lbs and double the gas mileage of the current tundra. That being said i do like the look of the GMC and the super duty. If i was buying right now it would be a hard decision.

i am waiting to see what the new tundra is going to be like..supposably it is getting a turbo V6 with 500 ft/lbs and double the gas mileage of the current tundra. That being said i do like the look of the GMC and the super duty. If i was buying right now it would be a hard decision.

I love the tundra.  But if they are claiming twice the mileage as the 5.7. I wouldn't believe it for a second knowing what we know with the ford ecoboost option. especially while towing. 

Someone told me the other day that ram went to allison transmissions. I dont see how u can beat a cummmins and an allison transmission paired up. That bein said the new f250s are sexy, i love the looks. I did drive a 2020 f250 the other day and i loved the way it drove, almost didnt feel like a 3/4 ton at all. My neighbor just bought a chevy badlander i think he paid around 74k. Thats a bad dude. He had bought a 2020 2500 gas burner and the transmission went out on it twice within 6 months. He drove the loaner vehicle more than he did the truck he bought. He complained enough and they gave him what he paid for it and 10k towards that badlander.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

yea definitely not good mileage while towing from a tundra, but i am curious to see what they do. i will be in the market in about two years. i am enjoying my paid off truck and paid off boat for the time being. i think we are going to see a lot of hybrids start hitting the market in the next few years too which will be interesting

This is just hearsay, but from what I’ve been told they are still fighting the low mileage death wobble on the ford.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have not experienced this at all #fakenews

200K on a 2015?!  That's a lot of driving!  I only use my truck for truck duty these days so the miles click by pretty slowly.  2005 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins with about 120K miles.  It is definitely pretty crude compared to these newer trucks but she's a stout pickup.  All of the new trucks seem very, very nice!

9 hours ago, OrangeTJ said:

200K on a 2015?!  That's a lot of driving!  I only use my truck for truck duty these days so the miles click by pretty slowly.  2005 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins with about 120K miles.  It is definitely pretty crude compared to these newer trucks but she's a stout pickup.  All of the new trucks seem very, very nice!

I have had the ford for 2 weeks and almost have 2400 on it.... I do a lot of driving. Right now its a 140 miles round trip for work