Tavel with tower up or down on 2020 mb b52

JMARK

Ive always gone tower up, speakers off, no cover, it will rub your gelcoat.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thats what most have told me. Do you get a lot of bugs on the tower? I will be traveling about 1100 miles. I have thought about plastic  wrapping the tower.

I do get alot of bugs furthest ive drug the boat was 6 hrs, but im draggin it from east Texas to NE Louisiana so theres no gettin away from the bugs. I always wipe the boat down. You think plastic wrap will hold up? Do you have mud flaps on your truck? Will help you from dinging your boat up with rocks.

I do get alot of bugs furthest ive drug the boat was 6 hrs, but im draggin it from east Texas to NE Louisiana so theres no gettin away from the bugs. I always wipe the boat down. You think plastic wrap will hold up? Do you have mud flaps on your truck? Will help you from dinging your boat up with rocks.

If I wrap it then also tape it , it should hold up. Might have a 30 foot streamer of wrap flying from the tower lol! Yes Mud flaps are a must

I did a 17 hour tow. Did it tower down with metal triangle in. Speakers off. Also had the over the tower cover on and tight. No gel or tower damage

Does that metal triangle come with he boat or something the dealer has

Looking for some info on how everyone travels long distance . Boat cover on or off? Tower up or down?

Thank you in advance for info!!

Hi Mark I’ve wrapped our boat with plastic crash wrap when towing it long distance. The crash wrap is sticky on one side it works well , not cheap but is worth it. I’ve left the cover on but used masking tape around all the high spots of the boat ,around the windshield frame, around the whole stainless moulding and have had no issues. I’ve actually used old bed sheets over the boat then put the cover on as well. My fear is taking a rock of the windshield with the cover off and breaking it. I always wondered how much road debris will end up in the boat without the cover in as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk