Sirius xm radio in MB boats

texman

i am looking at a 2018 B52 23 and wondering about xm radio in MB boats.  the owner said it has bluetooth and then connect from phone for XM.  what do you guys use?  Xm typically wants a wifi signal which i wont have on the water.  do you just use downloaded playlist etc?  Thanks

7 hours ago, texman said:

i am looking at a 2018 B52 23 and wondering about xm radio in MB boats.  the owner said it has bluetooth and then connect from phone for XM.  what do you guys use?  Xm typically wants a wifi signal which i wont have on the water.  do you just use downloaded playlist etc?  Thanks

Your 2018 does not have a Sirius/XM compatible media unit. So you would have to go with a universal SAT unit that connects with via a music signal only audio connection, much like a headphone jack. 

do the newer MBs have xm capable?  we just got used to xm on the water so people dont fight so much over the music since it programmed.  sounds like and rca jack to the amp and an xm receiver then ?  makes sense to use the phone and stream since that will not require a subscription.