Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jack.miller.10

Engine Noise

Recommended Posts

I have a 2020 B52 and I have noticed that when I have the boat loaded with people or empty but have the ballast bags full I run around 4300 rpm. Does everyone else run that high of an RPM. I have the raptor 400 motor. Also, is there a trick to making the engine quieter, putting hushmat in the engine compartment? I go on other friend's boats and there engine noise is much lower than mine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i would check your elevation and density elevation for sure.  also see what prop you have now.  probably a 2247.  the number is printed on the prop.  Acme is a very good resource for prop recommendations i think.  Nettles in Austin TX is very good as well.  let us know what prop and elevation you are and that will make better sense of the prop thread.  also, since you have a 2020 model i would ask your dealer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If its a 23 it should have come with FAE.. So my need a re-prop, or there has been some that put hush mat or something. The thing that is really funny is that the 575 is super quite, not sure why.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This Spring I got a FAE installed and put Noico sound deadener on the dividers by the engine and also on the underside of the two placstic bins. With what I had left over, I rolled some on the backside of the rear seats and covered the floor drain (from the underside).

I will say that the engine noise/ exhaust is noticeably quieter....Because I did it all at once, I am not 100% sure how much each contribute to the loss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Aquaddiction said:

This Spring I got a FAE installed and put Noico sound deadener on the dividers by the engine and also on the underside of the two placstic bins. With what I had left over, I rolled some on the backside of the rear seats and covered the floor drain (from the underside).

I will say that the engine noise/ exhaust is noticeably quieter....Because I did it all at once, I am not 100% sure how much each contribute to the loss.

Any pics?  I've seen some others, looking for more ideas.  Also trying to find a way to fill that gap between the engine tray & transom but still be able to easily take the tray out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Racer808 said:

Any pics?  I've seen some others, looking for more ideas.  Also trying to find a way to fill that gap between the engine tray & transom but still be able to easily take the tray out

no pics yet.  I will take some when I get home from fork next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2020 at 10:53 AM, Racer808 said:

I found the noico job I did was very noticeable this weekend.  Hopefully my FAE shows up this week

glad to hear the noico install was a noticeable difference.  I only got on the boat once so far on these days off and didn't grab any pictures of the noico I did...sorry my bad..

just out of curiosity, is your FAE coming with a "spray plate"?  last weekend was the first chance we had to do some surfing with the new FAE and although all the riders said it was way quieter...the goofie side wave was getting a small waist high spray.  I made a temporary spray plate to confirm that the FAE is the cause. We are headed to the lake tomorrow and I will post what I find.  I talked to Christina at FAE and she is looking into it for me as well.

I did find another thread about this.  (Search FAE spray)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aquaddiction said:

glad to hear the noico install was a noticeable difference.  I only got on the boat once so far on these days off and didn't grab any pictures of the noico I did...sorry my bad..

just out of curiosity, is your FAE coming with a "spray plate"?  last weekend was the first chance we had to do some surfing with the new FAE and although all the riders said it was way quieter...the goofie side wave was getting a small waist high spray.  I made a temporary spray plate to confirm that the FAE is the cause. We are headed to the lake tomorrow and I will post what I find.  I talked to Christina at FAE and she is looking into it for me as well.

I did find another thread about this.  (Search FAE spray)

I just got the my FAE is shipping today email so I won't know till July.  I'm off next week & I'm not going to give up 48 hours to let the 5200 cure.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Aquaddiction said:

glad to hear the noico install was a noticeable difference.  I only got on the boat once so far on these days off and didn't grab any pictures of the noico I did...sorry my bad..

just out of curiosity, is your FAE coming with a "spray plate"?  last weekend was the first chance we had to do some surfing with the new FAE and although all the riders said it was way quieter...the goofie side wave was getting a small waist high spray.  I made a temporary spray plate to confirm that the FAE is the cause. We are headed to the lake tomorrow and I will post what I find.  I talked to Christina at FAE and she is looking into it for me as well.

I did find another thread about this.  (Search FAE spray)

FAE made me a spray plate for my 18 (Texman now owns) that just clamped on with hose clamps, could probably affix with 5200.  The current one is the second one he made with recommendations for improvements/changes.  FAE is VERY GOOD to work with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...