Engine Noise

I have a 2020 B52 and I have noticed that when I have the boat loaded with people or empty but have the ballast bags full I run around 4300 rpm. Does everyone else run that high of an RPM. I have the raptor 400 motor. Also, is there a trick to making the engine quieter, putting hushmat in the engine compartment? I go on other friend's boats and there engine noise is much lower than mine.

i would check your elevation and density elevation for sure.  also see what prop you have now.  probably a 2247.  the number is printed on the prop.  Acme is a very good resource for prop recommendations i think.  Nettles in Austin TX is very good as well.  let us know what prop and elevation you are and that will make better sense of the prop thread.  also, since you have a 2020 model i would ask your dealer.

This Spring I got a FAE installed and put Noico sound deadener on the dividers by the engine and also on the underside of the two placstic bins. With what I had left over, I rolled some on the backside of the rear seats and covered the floor drain (from the underside).

I will say that the engine noise/ exhaust is noticeably quieter....Because I did it all at once, I am not 100% sure how much each contribute to the loss.

13 hours ago, Aquaddiction said:

This Spring I got a FAE installed and put Noico sound deadener on the dividers by the engine and also on the underside of the two placstic bins. With what I had left over, I rolled some on the backside of the rear seats and covered the floor drain (from the underside).

I will say that the engine noise/ exhaust is noticeably quieter....Because I did it all at once, I am not 100% sure how much each contribute to the loss.

Any pics?  I've seen some others, looking for more ideas.  Also trying to find a way to fill that gap between the engine tray & transom but still be able to easily take the tray out

2 hours ago, Racer808 said:

Any pics?  I've seen some others, looking for more ideas.  Also trying to find a way to fill that gap between the engine tray & transom but still be able to easily take the tray out

no pics yet.  I will take some when I get home from fork next week.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2020 at 10:53 AM, Racer808 said:

I found the noico job I did was very noticeable this weekend.  Hopefully my FAE shows up this week

glad to hear the noico install was a noticeable difference.  I only got on the boat once so far on these days off and didn't grab any pictures of the noico I did...sorry my bad..

just out of curiosity, is your FAE coming with a "spray plate"?  last weekend was the first chance we had to do some surfing with the new FAE and although all the riders said it was way quieter...the goofie side wave was getting a small waist high spray.  I made a temporary spray plate to confirm that the FAE is the cause. We are headed to the lake tomorrow and I will post what I find.  I talked to Christina at FAE and she is looking into it for me as well.

I did find another thread about this.  (Search FAE spray)

1 hour ago, Aquaddiction said:

glad to hear the noico install was a noticeable difference.  I only got on the boat once so far on these days off and didn't grab any pictures of the noico I did...sorry my bad..

just out of curiosity, is your FAE coming with a "spray plate"?  last weekend was the first chance we had to do some surfing with the new FAE and although all the riders said it was way quieter...the goofie side wave was getting a small waist high spray.  I made a temporary spray plate to confirm that the FAE is the cause. We are headed to the lake tomorrow and I will post what I find.  I talked to Christina at FAE and she is looking into it for me as well.

I just got the my FAE is shipping today email so I won't know till July.  I'm off next week & I'm not going to give up 48 hours to let the 5200 cure.  

23 hours ago, Aquaddiction said:

FAE made me a spray plate for my 18 (Texman now owns) that just clamped on with hose clamps, could probably affix with 5200.  The current one is the second one he made with recommendations for improvements/changes.  FAE is VERY GOOD to work with.