New Owner...talk to me about lead!!

schill38

Hey guys super stoked to be a part of the MB Family, I almost bought an MB back in 2015 but went with a Tige and have since repented!! HA!

My question is how many people are running lead? And if so where? I have 500 pounds from my old boat, dealer said it's not really necessary but I want to see what this boat can do!

Chili Pepper.jpg

1 hour ago, oboyskibum said:

Great looking boat. Let us know how it goes.

What lake are you boating on?

What motor did you get?

I usually go to Deer Creek, I was at Utah lake last Saturday though surfing the best wave in 8 feet of water that I have seen yet!!

It has the 400

2 hours ago, schill38 said:

I usually go to Deer Creek, I was at Utah lake last Saturday though surfing the best wave in 8 feet of water that I have seen yet!!

It has the 400

8 ft !! That's scary...need like 14 ft to maximize the potential.  Nice looking boat.  I have 300 in lead and put only 100 in nose, 150 rear surf side and 50 mid ship. 

49 minutes ago, oboyskibum said:

I have not ridden behind the new b52 and want to see if the 400 cuts it at our elevation fully loaded plus 500-800 extra lead. My 2104 410hp motor with the old trans would not get up to speed regardless of prop that loaded.

I will have 10 people tonight and 500 pounds of lead, I'll let you know what happens!!

1 hour ago, Sbentz101 said:

8 ft !! That's scary...need like 14 ft to maximize the potential.  Nice looking boat.  I have 300 in lead and put only 100 in nose, 150 rear surf side and 50 mid ship. 

Yeah the deepest part of the lake is usually 10 feet! I only go there on the weekends that I have my kids because they just want to tube and it's only 10 minutes from my house!

The last 3 seasons I have run 750lbs total with all ballast full.  The best combo I have found is 350 in the nose, 150 behind the driver seat, 200 directly across behind the batteris and I put 1 bag over the rear floor drain to cut down on engine/transmission noise.

On 6/5/2020 at 10:26 AM, robeport said:

The last 3 seasons I have run 750lbs total with all ballast full.  The best combo I have found is 350 in the nose, 150 behind the driver seat, 200 directly across behind the batteris and I put 1 bag over the rear floor drain to cut down on engine/transmission noise.

Awesome thanks for the info!!

11 hours ago, oboyskibum said:

So how did it run with 10 people 500 # lead and full ballasts at deer creek, do tell?  I am going to need to throw a super charger on my 2014 L96 to pull a load like that.

It was honestly just fine!! We did have to put 3 people in the bow as well as 300 pounds of lead to plane out, I'm thinking of trying out either the 2419 prop or 3093 to get a little more pull, but I was pleasantly surprised though that we had no problems getting up to speed!!

32 minutes ago, schill38 said:

It was honestly just fine!! We did have to put 3 people in the bow as well as 300 pounds of lead to plane out, I'm thinking of trying out either the 2419 prop or 3093 to get a little more pull, but I was pleasantly surprised though that we had no problems getting up to speed!!

With the 3093 we had 5 adults, 2 teens (all sitting in main area of boat), everything full plus 400 pounds lead in bow & we planed out fine but we were surfing at 3800-4000 depending on which direction we were going.  Not quite sure why the direction had such an effect, it wasn't even that choppy.  I ended up running rear sacs about 3/4 full just to get the RPM's down to 3600 which is what I think is perfect for this boat.

1 hour ago, Racer808 said:

With the 3093 we had 5 adults, 2 teens (all sitting in main area of boat), everything full plus 400 pounds lead in bow & we planed out fine but we were surfing at 3800-4000 depending on which direction we were going.  Not quite sure why the direction had such an effect, it wasn't even that choppy.  I ended up running rear sacs about 3/4 full just to get the RPM's down to 3600 which is what I think is perfect for this boat.

I'm thinking of getting the 3093 and are probably about the same elevation as you, do you have the 400 motor? Are you feeling any cavitation of the prop when starting out?

2 hours ago, schill38 said:

I'm thinking of getting the 3093 and are probably about the same elevation as you, do you have the 400 motor? Are you feeling any cavitation of the prop when starting out?

I am a mile high & have the 400.  Typically I boat at 4600' but I'll be hitting higher elevation lakes in the next month or so & we'll see how it does as we go up.

No cavitation what so ever.  The only time I notice any sort of vibration is if the rudder is turned all the way in one direction while trying to pull a rider up but I think any boat does that.  Otherwise everything about its performance has been outstanding.  IMO the prop feels like it was made specifically for this boat, they just mate so well together.  I've got a little over 20 hours now on this prop & have had multiple scenarios with people, ballast, etc.  

I am curious how the 2419 would perform but think it needs to be recupped.  I had a 15x11 w/ .075 cupping & it ran like a dog with really high RPM's.  

13 minutes ago, Racer808 said:

I am a mile high & have the 400.  Typically I boat at 4600' but I'll be hitting higher elevation lakes in the next month or so & we'll see how it does as we go up.

No cavitation what so ever.  The only time I notice any sort of vibration is if the rudder is turned all the way in one direction while trying to pull a rider up but I think any boat does that.  Otherwise everything about its performance has been outstanding.  IMO the prop feels like it was made specifically for this boat, they just mate so well together.  I've got a little over 20 hours now on this prop & have had multiple scenarios with people, ballast, etc.  

I am curious how the 2419 would perform but think it needs to be recupped.  I had a 15x11 w/ .075 cupping & it ran like a dog with really high RPM's.  

Sweet thanks for the info! Yeah Wakemakers just recommended the 2419 but after reading on this forum it seems like the 3093 is the way to go!!

1 hour ago, texman said:

i had a 2419 running at 6-7k density altitude and i sent it back for the 3093.  high rpm and low top speed.  made the boat like a tractor. b52 23 440

Sweet this is what I needed to know!! Thanks!

3 hours ago, texman said:

i had a 2419 running at 6-7k density altitude and i sent it back for the 3093.  high rpm and low top speed.  made the boat like a tractor. b52 23 440

what sort of RPMs are you seeing at those elevations?