New owner (pending), but B52 Alpha package for 2021?

jcole21

On 7/24/2020 at 12:05 PM, Corona-Cation said:

I have the new "2021 B52-23" BLK/red/wht photoed above. It does have cooler, rear seats and exile speakers with a JL head unit there has been a shortage on exile speakers do to Covid-19. Mine came with the last batch of exile speakers for the time. 

That would make me very angry  to have a mismatched system. These "covid " boats are a mess!

5 hours ago, oboyskibum said:

@The Donfather How is the free-board in the bow and main seating area compared to the 23 Alpha?

I just finished had a few surf session over the weekend on a new 2020 Supra SA and love the free-board and the 575.

The 22 and 23 Alpha have plenty of free-board

39 minutes ago, The Donfather said:

The 22 and 23 Alpha have plenty of free-board

Is that just another way of saying I will tell you in six week?    I boat shack should hopefully have one soon that I can check out in person.

How does the Alpha 22 free-board in the bow and main seating area compared to the 23 Alpha?  The picture makes it look deeper.

I personally was a little disappointed with the bow free-board on the Alpha 23, the main seating area isn't bad. 

35 minutes ago, oboyskibum said:

Is that just another way of saying I will tell you in six week?    I boat shack should hopefully have one soon that I can check out in person.

How does the Alpha 22 free-board in the bow and main seating area compared to the 23 Alpha?  The picture makes it look deeper.

I personally was a little disappointed with the bow free-board on the Alpha 23, the main seating area isn't bad. 

I did not climb in the 23 Alpha.   The 22 Alpha is way deeper than my 2018 23. It also has more bow room which i was surprised about since it is shorter.  I am 6'5 and my feet just hit the front cushion while sitting.  In my 18 my legs were bent 

Well the bigger bow , taller freeboard, walk through, fold and tumble etc decide it for me ! I plan on ordering a 22 alpha at the Portland boat show in January with NWBS . Wife signed the permission slip and the enzo sold 2 months ago. Hi by the way everyone and thank you for all the great info . 

On 7/6/2020 at 11:33 PM, jcole21 said:

I'm coming in hot with a quarantine enabled '14 B52 23' (picking up Thursday).  If nothing else, Covid has helped my better half see the light, which was a greenlight to make my first foray into the wonderful (with bad days acknowledged) world of boating - more on that post-close, but I'm excited...

I swung by an MB dealer checking on a couple boats they had (sold or out of my price range by the time I got there), and the salesman walked me through the Alpha package on the B52.  Seemed tight (incorporates some of the F24 concepts).  Only thing on the interwebz was this link (pics attached):

https://www.edgeski.com/shop-boats/2021mbsportsb5223alpha

Hull tweaks, upgraded audio / electronics (check the dash out in the pic), transom seats enabled by the deeper hull, some other things.

Assuming I searched right, I'm hoping my entry post on this fine forum sparks some convo / excitement.  I thought it was a nice line extension.  Otherwise, disregard and I'll show up with some pics later this week.  

Shout out to AZ_MB for the welcome and offer to assist as I get into the boat / MB game.  Looking forward to catching you on the lake my man.

B521.jpg

B52interior.jpg

Jcole when are you getting your alpha?  I just ordered mine and it will be here in Sept.  You'll know it when you see it!

That’s awesome - congrats, boat was looking clean as always Sunday!

Looking forward to seeing your alpha - September will be here soon. I’m gonna figure out how to operate the current ride before I look to upgrade (on paper and given current pace, that’ll be about the time the don locks up his 3rd term ;)  ). 

Catch you on the water. Bud light on me if you need one out there. 

15 hours ago, The Donfather said:

I did not climb in the 23 Alpha.   The 22 Alpha is way deeper than my 2018 23. It also has more bow room which i was surprised about since it is shorter.  I am 6'5 and my feet just hit the front cushion while sitting.  In my 18 my legs were bent 

Thanks Don that helps. I checked out the 23 Alpha at The Boat shack and love the features. They mentioned the 22 Alpha is deeper so I am excited to see it.