2014 and down slapped B52 23 wave videos

Desperately seeking these videos.......thinking of going nuts and getting the "old" hull and slapping it.  

Furthermore, with a daughter getting into wakeboarding, I wonder how slow you can go and still get a clean wake.

If you wanna text--605-321-2275.  

Really just want to see the shape of wave it makes!  That is all my friends.  Sold the SL, looking for a new love affair.

7 hours ago, dakota4ce said:

Desperately seeking these videos.......thinking of going nuts and getting the "old" hull and slapping it.  

Furthermore, with a daughter getting into wakeboarding, I wonder how slow you can go and still get a clean wake.

If you wanna text--605-321-2275.  

Not slapped, but GSA on a 13 .  I'm thinking I might find me a 11-13 Hull in the spring if they're around.  As much as I loved the 18, the 13 put off the same wave, might as well save $$

20170728_140055.jpg

20170728_140107.jpg

20170708_192317.jpg

46 minutes ago, dakota4ce said:

Roger that. The “same wave” is good info. You would definitely know!

Was power a problem?

No no problem at all with anything.  My lake is done for the summer & public water sucks.  Didn't want to be making pyts on something that's going to sit.  I also have a feeling we haven't hit bottom & there's going to be A LOt of COVID boats soon.  We'll see what happens, no rush on my end right now.  Go play more golf, bum rides & I"m solid for a bit

1 hour ago, dakota4ce said:

I meant on the older boat......

No, it had the 6.0 Indmar, power was fine, running 3600-3700.  Aside from the tower breaking the boat was solid.  There were just the little things / aging of the boat that were going to need repair that I didn't want to deal with & I really wanted a new boat at the time.  

• 3 months later...

Sorry for the FNG question.... (I've owned I/O's but never a surf boat)..

What is does it mean to slap it? I was very familiar with slapping it all throughout my teens, but somehow I think this means something different.

Also...while I've got you...what is CATS? I see that a lot on some other forums.  

18 hours ago, Guppydriver said:

What is does it mean to slap it? I was very familiar with slapping it all throughout my teens, but somehow I think this means something different.

Also...while I've got you...what is CATS? I see that a lot on some other forums.  

this answers the slapping question:

CATS is a Centurion feature that rotates the tracking fins to improve the surf wave.

On 10/17/2020 at 8:49 AM, NWCastle said:

Slapped 2014, one of the best wakes on the lake.  I have 5000 lbs. of ballast and the Indmar 6.0.  I run the 2247 prop and turn 3200-3400 rpms at 10.9-11.4.  The regular side wave is almost as good but requires a little more speed, right at 11.4 for my boat.  

D57D4DEE-6FC2-4333-858E-9C85202BFDC0_1_105_c.jpeg

I remember this boat well 

One of the best Slapped waves I have ever been on. 😎

23 WB Slapped 1.jpg

23 WB slapped 3.jpg

Yes!  She's still a great boat.  You should see her now.  PM me and I'll send you some pics of all the new stuff.  I can't bring myself to sell her and get a new one because the wave is so great!  So to Dakota who started this thread, it is worth the cost on this hull.  

On 10/29/2020 at 4:58 PM, NWCastle said:

Yes!  She's still a great boat.  You should see her now.  PM me and I'll send you some pics of all the new stuff.  I can't bring myself to sell her and get a new one because the wave is so great!  So to Dakota who started this thread, it is worth the cost on this hull.  

Man share what you have done to your boat! We all would love too see what you have done 

• 2 weeks later...

Fellas!  I have purchased a wip.....worked with the local dealer on a 2021 Moomba Max.  So for now, am good.  Actually just got it ripping pretty good here before winter!  The surf wave/wakeboard wave composite quality index vs the price is hard to beat on this boat.  I installed Flow 3.0 on it, which is an option not available on the Max, but made a big difference.

Still love me some MB action though.....always will.  Maybe again 2-3 boats down the road (approx 1.5 years or so). LOL

IMG_6624.jpeg

IMG_5874_V2F_2020-11-05_13-05-48_395.jpeg

IMG_5871_V2F_2020-11-05_12-53-34_275.jpeg

IMG_3271.jpeg

IMG_6604.jpeg

6 hours ago, dakota4ce said:

Fellas!  I have purchased a wip.....worked with the local dealer on a 2021 Moomba Max.  So for now, am good.  Actually just got it ripping pretty good here before winter!  The surf wave/wakeboard wave composite quality index vs the price is hard to beat on this boat.  I installed Flow 3.0 on it, which is an option not available on the Max, but made a big difference.

Still love me some MB action though.....always will.  Maybe again 2-3 boats down the road (approx 1.5 years or so). LOL

IMG_6624.jpeg

IMG_5874_V2F_2020-11-05_13-05-48_395.jpeg

IMG_5871_V2F_2020-11-05_12-53-34_275.jpeg

IMG_3271.jpeg

IMG_6604.jpeg

Still can't believe how deep that boat is! Great value for the money, and the storage is ridiculous! I love that you can get the larger screen now on the Max. I came within hours of ordering a 21' Mojo. If I wasn't so in love with that sea foam green and powder coating on the MB and if The Boat Shack wouldn't have offered me a fair deal on my trade, I for sure would saved a few grand and gone with the Moomba. They are making a solid product right now!

Gorgeous boat BTW....been following it on the Moomba Forums. Congrats!

8 hours ago, oboyskibum said:

That regular wave looks great. How much extra weight are you running?

I have bumped it up to 5200#-ish of water, and I had 800 in lead in the boat.  She is heavy, but its a light boat and it runs easy with the 450 Raptor.  I was pretty darned pleased.

3 hours ago, dakota4ce said:

I have bumped it up to 5200#-ish of water, and I had 800 in lead in the boat.  She is heavy, but its a light boat and it runs easy with the 450 Raptor.  I was pretty darned pleased.

That is one huge thing I like about the Moomba...the upgrade from the base engine is the 450 and for less money than what MB offers for the 440.  I would have the spent the money for the 450, but the 575 is a little too rich for my blood, and I'm not sure the 440 gives you enough a performance upgrade for the price. Enjoy that battle max!!

On 10/29/2020 at 7:58 PM, NWCastle said:

Post some pics of your upgrades or send me a PM.  I'd like to see what you did.

Also, let me know when you want to sell, I love red boats!