Boating vacation with no boat

oboyskibum

Well it looks like I am not going to have my boat for my 5 day boating vacation at flaming gorge. My boat was going into limp mode and my last time out it was clearly overheating the motor not the exhaust(so raw pump seems fine), so I made an appointment 2 weeks ago to bring my boat in for repair at "The boat shack" on Monday this week. They still haven't even looked at it and I am leaving tomorrow morning early for the gorge. I am not holding my breath for them fixing it this afternoon because they said I am 3rd in line. I am not sure how that happens, 3rd in line after an appointment made 2 weeks ago?

How is the service at your local dealer?

No boat for my vacation "The boat Shack" didn't come thru which honestly didn't surprise me, since they didn't bother looking at it on Monday when the said they would. I am so frustrated, this morning they could not water test it t because apparently my trailer got a flat tire and they are not capable of pumping it up or changing it.  

At least we know some people that have a Malibu that we can surf behind. 

I was really looking froward to the possibility of getting the new F22 Alpha, it looks sweet, but like you said the dealer experience is really an important part of a boat purchase.

I asked the boat shack to check the thermo stat on Monday, and Wednesday because it should be quick. I walked them thru all threw trouble shooting step I had completed as well in hopes that it would help. The boat shack is about an hour and a half drive from my house so it a little bit a a trek. Hopefully they will have it fixed when I call them this afternoon.

@bloodiestcadaver have you had and major work done on your boat of just maintenance?

1 hour ago, oboyskibum said:

I asked the boat shack to check the thermo stat on Monday, and Wednesday because it should be quick. I walked them thru all threw trouble shooting step I had completed as well in hopes that it would help. The boat shack is about an hour and a half drive from my house so it a little bit a a trek. Hopefully they will have it fixed when I call them this afternoon.

@bloodiestcadaver have you had and major work done on your boat of just maintenance?

I would say Cats and a windshield are the only "major" work thats been done besides maintenance.  Both went quick and smooth. But Never had a real issue that needed DIAG 

On 7/23/2020 at 9:33 AM, bloodiestcadaver said:

sucks bro! I have nothing but good experience with the boat shack.  Did you try changing out the thermostat? if not maybe you can do that really fast and test it today. not sure if you bounced out yet or not. 

My experience with the Shack has always been stellar as well

3 hours ago, mxvet said:

Its the covid-summer-craz, anything related to outdoor recreation is slammed. 

True that. I guess I always compare the service to the good RV dealer, and car dealers I have experience with.

There is still time to impress. This weekend is going to be hot and I would rather not be sitting home.

• 3 weeks later...

Well it looks like my boat really didn't get fixed. Second time out it went into limp mode again. On our trip to the gorge ( 6000 ft) the boat kept going into limp mode. I Called the boats shack and they where out a week so, I replaced the fuel pumps and regulator and its till doing the same thing. Driveway tested fine running for an hour.  Lake tested last night and Its so strange if will run for an hour or more fine no issues then the next time you start it up and idle out of the wake less it will beep and go into limp mode.

I emailed Indmar when it first started and they gave me a few things to check but that didn't fix it. That's when I got TBS  on it back in the middle of July. TBS said they did, have or will call Indmar. Hopefully they will have it fixed this time around.  These are the tough types of issues to fix, it seems to only happen on the water.

TBS reached out to Indmar and they updated the motor programming. Its seems to have resolved my issue. the boat ran great Saturday and Sunday. I have my fingers crossed that it will work well at higher elevation next week. The Boats Shack did a great job of getting me back on the water!