Adding ballast bags to stock ballast system

Stillcreek

5 hours ago, Stillcreek said:

Is it possible to convert older (2015 f21) ballast tank to plug and play configuration?  I’d like to add ballast bags and pump without drilling holes in the hull.

If already has pumps yes.  If not then you're drilling holes & adding pumps.  It really isn't hard, first holes the hardest mentally after it's like drilling anything else

On 8/6/2020 at 7:22 AM, Stillcreek said:

Thanks Racer.  Would I be drilling into ballast tanks, hull or both?

It will depend on how you configure your system. If you go with reversible pumps you'll drill one hole per pump in the bottom of the hull for a fill and drain plus one hole per pump above the water line for a vent.  If you configure it to drain above the water line you'll need two pumps per bag and you'll need to drill an additional hole above the water line.

I am thinking about doing this as well. Wakemakers has the reversables for $499each or this one for $999.  https://www.wakemakers.com/supra-moomba-ballast-system-upgrade.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMImsjGsLGW6wIVcT2tBh0gTAjYEAAYASAAEgL_jfD_BwE

Would this be a viable option and just buy a set of switches or am i reaching here. In the description it says 3 pumps and so on.