I’ve got 4 speakers running off of two channels in parallel.  I would like to slightly attenuate two of the speakers. Anyone have any Thoughts or ideas on this?

Are all 4 the same size and type? Are the 2 you want to address, wired together on one channel or are they in parallel with the other pair? What is your goal for the 2?

5 hours ago, Wylietunes said:

Are all 4 the same size and type? Are the 2 you want to address, wired together on one channel or are they in parallel with the other pair? What is your goal for the 2?

Two 6.5’s and two 8’s.  One 6.5 and one 8 on each channel wired per Exiles instructions.  The 6.5’s are getting too much power and will distort while the 8’s are fine.  Hoping to find a way to get the 6.5’s less power and the 8’s more!

8739CE54-02F6-48DF-ADBF-E9CA270828B8.jpeg

The 4 full range chnls of the javelin deliver 150W rms x 4 @ 2 ohm, so thats 75W rms to each speaker with a pair in parallel p/chnl. I do not think you have a too much power issue, but maybe a cross-over issue. Id start with tuning. 

On 7/31/2020 at 5:47 PM, hot4teach said:

You could put an L-pad on them. Not ideal but it would work. Or tune the amp for the 6 1/2s.

Ooooooor replace the 6 1/2's with two more 8's!!!!  Anyone have some for sale?