billyhsat

2014 F22 Stock Ballast w Slap Surf

Hi all! Thx in advance and my apologies if this has been covered elsewhere. I’m thinking of purchasing a 2014 F22 w stock ballast, wedge, and a slap or gate system as shown in the pic. Don’t know the exact specifics of the gate. Our family is a beginner surf family and we don’t want ballast bags in the cabin area. Will this setup suffice and what type of a wave do y’all believe it will produce? It’s our first boat and I don’t want to shell out $50-$60k and not get a good wave so any other suggestions are greatly appreciated   

FD73E7FD-4CCB-4E9C-A211-633F339F8ABD.png

I love my f22 2014 mine is slapped and puts out a great wave, but I also have a 1000# sacks in each rear locker and a bow sac. That looks like it might be a 2015 gen 1 surf system. I can't say how they performed.

Oboyskibum thx so much for your info and thoughts. I believe you’re right on the Gen 1 cuz that rings a bell w something the seller said. Without the extra ballast it’s 1800# stock, correct? Is the wake wo your extra ballast ok? Wud love someone to post pics of both waves, w and wo extra ballast if able. Thx tons!

Without extra weight in the boat the 2014 F22 ins't really surf-able in my opinion. I am putting some pictures together as I put mine up for sale later this week. PM me your email address and I can send you a few of the pics so you get an idea of the wave.

I am sure a lot of people can chime in but I personally think a slapped MB weighted right surfs and throws a lot better wave than just about any 2016 and older boat out there. My F22 wave has more push than the 2014 G23 I surfed behind earlier this summer.