Looking at possibly ordering a b52 23 alpha

Creekrat

Well if I order the MB I'm trying to swing a sweetheart deal with my local dealer whom is just now building a true dealership.  He had a wakeboard and surf school and knows the founder of MB so they got on as a dealer and used the boats for the school as "demos" and then would sell and replace.  Since he's just now building an actual dealership I am trying to see if I can get some options at cost and bling it out a little more but use it as a display for boat shows.  Some of our requirements are a heater for the wife and extended seasons, gatorstep, 440 motor, and the surf system.  My wife is a little hesitant because she had never heard of MB and she said they're small.  Really the only thing that I would have to have serviced by MB is any issues we had pertaining to the hull and it's warranty and related items.  Any indmar service center could perform the service or warranty work on the drivetrain.

1 hour ago, Creekrat said:

My wife is a little hesitant because she had never heard of MB and she said they're small.  

Tell her it's not the size that matters but what you can do with it!  🤣

Mb makes a nice boat and it's a great surf wave.  I think for the money they are competitive in most areas and superior in wave making $ for $. 

By small, she meant the company, not the boat. I’m at work until 9/10 but when I get home the dealer is going to bring one over to our lake and make an afternoon of it. I submitted a build sheet to him to get an idea on msrp for what we want. Pretty sure we’ll probably end up doing a white/light grey exterior with a brown interior for a classy look. 

The 575 at low elevation runs unbelievably good! Not only is it a tiny blip to get to surf speed, its super quiet. If you haven't been in one,,,,well...

Is it needed - NO. Is it nice to have - HELL YA.

**Same logic applies for more than half the diesel truck owners out there.

10 minutes ago, mxvet said:

The 575 at low elevation runs unbelievably good! Not only is it a tiny blip to get to surf speed, its super quiet. If you haven't been in one,,,,well...

Is it needed - NO. Is it nice to have - HELL YA.

**Same logic applies for more than half the diesel truck owners out there.

What he said! It is so nice! And SSSSSOOOOO QUIET!

1 minute ago, mxvet said:

Show me the data on that... Not enough of them on the used market IMO.

agreed. the engine is a very expensive upgrade and probably the most desirable one as well. besides maybe a surf system, which I have not seen a new boat without one yet. 

• 2 weeks later...

So I filled "built" a boat on the website and sent the sheet to my dealer.  With all of the options we wanted including the 440, we came in at 108 for the alpha.  Never been on a MB but the dealer is going to bring one to me to demo for the single week I'm home before heading out for another 6 weeks.  If it's everything I imagine it'll be I will be putting down a deposit on one as soon as I get my Supra sold.  I had selected the "C" audio package but that seems like it may be overkill and I've been seeing that the guys that have ordered that have not been getting the upgraded sub and amp so I might be on the fence with that one.  Also, i may just go ahead and step up to the 575.  Our elevation is ~750 but we plan on taking it for family trips to Tennessee and maybe some out west as well.  The motor and tri axle trailer are the big ones we would be contemplating.  We don't tow very far now and want to find a slip so we don't tow at all locally but I'd be towing it with a1/2 ton truck whenever we did tow it anywhere and the 3rd axle should make it a lot nicer going down the road.  For those of you that did do the 575, what prop did you end up running?

I'm kinda hoping we can opt for the JL equipment and really hoping we can get clamping board racks as an option.

Here's a link for the Supra if you happen to know anybody looking for great used boat.  Throws a killer wave but momma said she wants something new.

1 hour ago, Creekrat said:

So I filled "built" a boat on the website and sent the sheet to my dealer.  With all of the options we wanted including the 440, we came in at 108 for the alpha.  Never been on a MB but the dealer is going to bring one to me to demo for the single week I'm home before heading out for another 6 weeks.  If it's everything I imagine it'll be I will be putting down a deposit on one as soon as I get my Supra sold.  I had selected the "C" audio package but that seems like it may be overkill and I've been seeing that the guys that have ordered that have not been getting the upgraded sub and amp so I might be on the fence with that one.  Also, i may just go ahead and step up to the 575.  Our elevation is ~750 but we plan on taking it for family trips to Tennessee and maybe some out west as well.  The motor and tri axle trailer are the big ones we would be contemplating.  We don't tow very far now and want to find a slip so we don't tow at all locally but I'd be towing it with a1/2 ton truck whenever we did tow it anywhere and the 3rd axle should make it a lot nicer going down the road.  For those of you that did do the 575, what prop did you end up running?

I'm kinda hoping we can opt for the JL equipment and really hoping we can get clamping board racks as an option.

Here's a link for the Supra if you happen to know anybody looking for great used boat.  Throws a killer wave but momma said she wants something new.

JL Audio is the only thing available now. I say get whatever options you can afford.

On 8/14/2020 at 2:24 PM, Birddog7.62 said:

unless you surf at elevation the 400 is plenty good. the 575 is a waste of money IMO. Why would you commit to feeding your boat premium if you didn't have to?

Seat heater and a heater are must have's. get the biggest system they offer. I like music.

We surf at elevation here in Utah, some lakes are around 5000 feet, I only have the 400 and it has been totally fine so far, did upgrade the prop. And yes I have stereo package C and I love it, it's the first things friends comment on is how loud and clear the music is!

• 1 month later...
On 9/2/2020 at 12:00 PM, Creekrat said:

Just re-reading this post.

Did you say $108 for an Alpha with an upgraded engine and C speaker package? Even without any metallic paint or Chill Vinyl and with 15 inch wheels and the B stereo, that's about 30% off MSRP in the hottest sellers market known in the history of the universe. Even more off if you have the C package and any of the above listed items. 

DO THAT DEAL!

I bet your SC dealer would be struggling to get you a even a loaded Moomba Makai or 21' Mojo at that price.. and any Supra is at least 25K more