2013 F21 Tomcat Battery question

Hellos,

I have a 2013 F21 Tomcat that is new to me.  I'm wondering if my batteries are wired up correctly or not.  I'll set it to 1 on the Perko switch and I don't get the buzzer when I turn the key to on, the engine will not crank, and the Clarion turns on but no sound.  If I flip the Perko to 2 or ALL, I get the buzzer when I turn the key to on, the engine cranks and starts, and the Clarion turns and there is sound out of the speakers.  I also have some engine noise through the speakers when running but I figure some thing is not wired as it should.

Since pictures are worth a thousand words, here is a picture of how it is currently.  It appears a little janky, but I don't have anything for reference other than another battery thread I found on here but their batteries were in marine boxes and not in the floor like this.

The perko is in the compartment left of the batteries.

IMG_4328.jpg.2216228453590ac3fbb8162f2e70da82.jpg

If both batteries are fully charged, id suspect a bad cable on the #1 or a bad switch. Position 2 is mechanically the same as position 1, just electrically pulling from a different battery. So if the boat works normal on #2 and both batteries are fully charged, bad cable or switch. 

With that switch type EVERY load (*) should go through the common output post of the switch. MB tended to wire things like the amp, direct to battery #2.  

* the exception would be the auto bilge wire, which should be wired battery direct. 

Time for an update.  I went at it with my multimeter and started checking continuity.  All the cables are good and so is the switch.  However the battery terminal that connects to #1 on the Perko is bad.  The wires connect to a bolt on the terminal and nut secures them, it looks like that bolt is broken somewhere inside the battery terminal itself because I don't get any continuity.  Rather than replace the batter terminal, I'm going to remove them all and connect the wires directly to the battery posts.  I was looking at another post on here and saw a picture.  It looks like MB Sports changed to doing the wires that way later on.

This winter I may do a project where I connect up an ACR and add voltmeters to the dash for each battery.

Do you have 4 batteries? Maybe I’m seeing things but in the pic it looks like 2 are in the floor and 1 under each seat up front. I just rewired the 2 batteries in our boat with bat 1 to perko 1, bat 2 to perko 2 and all pos for the boat, stereo etc to C on the perko if that makes sense. 

On 8/26/2020 at 7:15 PM, B128 said:

Do you have 4 batteries? Maybe I’m seeing things but in the pic it looks like 2 are in the floor and 1 under each seat up front. I just rewired the 2 batteries in our boat with bat 1 to perko 1, bat 2 to perko 2 and all pos for the boat, stereo etc to C on the perko if that makes sense. 

Just the  2 batteries for now.  I may add more if I get crazy with the stereo system.