Oil change?

Sbentz101

If you really want to run full syn, I would email indmar and see what they think but they have this in manual:

360, 400 and 440 Models – Semi-synthetic 5W-30 oil
meeting the API rating of SN
460 and SC575 Models – Fully synthetic 15W-50 oil
meeting the API rating of SN

I have never read or heard a "good argument" to use semi or conventional oil over syn.   I could  see how semi could be "good enough" in some engines and no real benefit to full synthetic, but the idea of synthetic being worse than semi seems silly.   Synthetic outperforms conventional oil in every test I have ever seen. 

I want to run the best and just want to do it cautiously...not too soon or void warranty.  But like TBag said,  full synthetic is best and that's where I'd like to end up if it's not going to hurt anything.   I just wonder why semi synthetic is the recommended oil and if it has to do with seating the rings properly as some have talked about.  Now that I have enough hours on the boat,  I'd like to switch.  

A full synthetic will have certifications that a semi wont ever be able to get. I run Castrol edge titanium and you can look up https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/ if you ever want go deep down the oil rabbit hole. If you are really worried about it, send your oil in for testing and that will tell you more than any recommended schedule.