Water intrusion under trash can

Sbentz101

So I started having water get into the hull of the boat this summer and it appears to be getting into the bow area (under the in floor trash can). Has anyone dealt with this? I first thought it was from a through hull fitting but now suspect it might be from the bow ballast bag connection which I cant get to. 

I have enough that builds up that I scoop it out with a cup until its basically gone...probably a couple of gallons after a few surf rides.  More than should keep getting into the boat.  Bilge has come on now and that's not ok with me.  I have reached out to my dealer for warranty on this but havent gotten any answers yet. 

I haven't done a  scientific approach on my water intake yet. When I am surfing I usually get a ton. I have also had damn near none when I just take it out for an all day beach season. My buddy who is also on here also takes on a ton of water when we are surfing. The one thing I have noticed is my first year in storage I never pulled the trash can out and the water will sit there forever and never dry out . If you pull the can out and leave the trash door open it will dry out pretty quick . I usually pull the rear seat cushion out as well to let the boat circulate air out from the bottom. I hit a sunk log or something at billy chinook this year so I will be taking the whole damn thing apart and checking my seals/replacing them anyway . We shall see how it goes.

On 9/27/2020 at 2:18 PM, Disco said:

I have 1-2 gallons under the trash can after every day on the water (we exclusively surf). I found a water squirt gun/tube thing takes about 3 minutes to drain the water. 

apitmoo1a__26077.1477626733.jpg?c=3

Great idea, funny I always have these on my boat for the kids.