F22/A PNP Ballast (rear and bow)?

Guppydriver

Anyone know for sure how much ballast will come with the new F22/A?

I know it has 2800 pounds subfloor...but not sure how much in the rear lockers and bow.

The Edge has a F22/A for sale on the net and it says 1600# of "auxiliary" ballast. 

NWBS has a F22/A on their site that says 1500# PNP

TBS has a F22/A on their site that says 1400# Rear and 500#Bow..

Three different numbers for the same boat...

Anyone know definitively how much bag weight this boat has in the front and rear?

MB site only lists standard ballast weight , so I'm not sure.

10 hours ago, CJacksonLASD said:

Dustin Brendel told me he recommends 800 x2 in rear and 400 or 500 horseshoe in front for F22a.  Your dealer will be the one who installs thr bags, not manufacturer.

Thanks so much!

I just figured that MB shipped the same bags for all their new boats, good to know. 

• 2 weeks later...

OK...

Follow up...

HARD TANKS (not including PNP) on the B52/A

This one should be easy, but it's weird I'm finding so many variations on the boats being sold..

I know the F22/A has 2800 pounds...everywhere I look, that's what it says..

But the B52/A...

MB Sports says 3000 lbs.

TBS website lists 2000lbs..

NWBS website lists 2000lbs

Edge Ski list 2300lbs

I'm just confused why there is confusion lol... Hard tanks should be the same on every Alpha that comes off the floor...

ANy help would be appreciated...... Not that it matters on my order, I just hate not being able to find an answer.

On 10/26/2020 at 2:59 PM, JDUB said:

Hey Guppy... my name is Jason, I work at The Boat Shack... please call me, I'd love to answer ALL of your questions. 👋👋 801-518-6343

Thanks for long chat Jason!

Not only did you assuage my concerns, but reaffirmed to me that I chose that absolute best boat dealer in Utah to work with! I'm not sure if I mentioned this, but I had my check literally written out to MP for a Mojo, but ultimately paid a slight premium for the MB because I preferred the experience you and Mike provided compared to everyone else!!

Bottom line I think is this..

MB's official website has identical specs for the classic and alpha models. I just don't think that is accurate, no way the boats weigh the same to the exact pound. 

The F22/A is 2800lbs of hard tanks.  Typically ships with 700lb rear bags. 500lb bag  in the bow.

B52/A is 2000lbs of hard tanks. Typically ships with 1100lbs rear bags. 500lbs in the bow. 

I've never owned one, but I assume that's what the "non alphas" have as well.

Obviously, different dealers could install different bags. It was just all the discrepancies that were confusing to me. 

4 hours ago, bloodiestcadaver said:

I heard they did less hard tank when they went to the bow bag. My 2017 had 3000. I heard 2000 as well. but who knows

No one knows. It's the Denver airport of boats.

You make the best point of all though. Whatever it has, it throws the best wave for the money. I had a hard time deciding whether to spend the extra 13k on a MB compared to a Moomba or Supreme. It's a lot of money but I think it's worth every penny. The reason I wanted a surf boat was , well, to surf.  I rode behind a classic this summer and the wave was very close (or better honestly) to a buddy's 160K Centurion.  If the Alpha is comparable to the classic, it will be money well spent. 

On 10/30/2020 at 2:40 PM, Guppydriver said:

No one knows. It's the Denver airport of boats.

You make the best point of all though. Whatever it has, it throws the best wave for the money. I had a hard time deciding whether to spend the extra 13k on a MB compared to a Moomba or Supreme. It's a lot of money but I think it's worth every penny. The reason I wanted a surf boat was , well, to surf.  I rode behind a classic this summer and the wave was very close (or better honestly) to a buddy's 160K Centurion.  If the Alpha is comparable to the classic, it will be money well spent. 

I was the same way with my 2017(first boat purchase). I was leaning hard on the moomba. I really liked the MB but it was just out of my budget.  But right before I was gonna pull the trigger they took in a beautiful all seafoam pearl 2017. I was hooked. and I am a firm believer on dealer support. Although the other boat dealers never got a chance to give me there support. I had no reason to change dealers when I did my 2020. Boat shack has been very good to work with.