Happy to join MB family but found some problems Advice

giddyup

im very excited to join the mb group,  i just picked up an 2014 tomcat f24 575HP 250hr  the boat is mint shape.  i think it was ordered in canada with every option that year, Tri axle trailer also was updated with the MB switch surf system.  Just got it last week,  im in Saskatchewan Canada,  so been freezing every night,  this boat is not going in the water this year,  i was able to squease it in to my garage for a few days,  i have done my own work on my boats in the past,  i changed the fluids on this motor,trans put in a new impeller and changed out fuel filter,  as i did not have a record of past service.  i have been surfing the MB forum,  and i see alot of people with drive shaft problems,  i was checking my motor mounts,  they are mushroomed out, i thought the LSA motor had a different mount but looks like im wrong,  so i took off the drive shaft coupler to check and i thought i could see a crack starting to form,  i pulled the drive shaft out, and got the driveshaft inspected and they did a dye penetration inspection,  and it has a crack started in the shaft, I see some people have been getting help with the driveshaft from MB. I was so excited to be getting this boat on the water,  had some plans for some ballast upgrades, for the bow.  Is there any point in contacting MB  im the Third owner of the  boat,  should i contact the origonal dealer,  i bought the boat privetly.  and i know they did not know about this.  Most of the shaft that were breaking were the shorter ones,  i have the A.R.E 54.5 shaft  any advice from anyone  Up till this i have been very impressed with the whole boat and MB quality.

Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 2.22.00 PM.png

Screen_Shot_2020-10-25_at_2_35.29_PM.png

Not likely to get any love being third owner. Check your motor mounts. I don’t remember if the 575 had the same mounts but mushroomed mounts is usually the cause of the shaft failures. That being said if you reach out to Elberts in Oregon, they can set you up with a new shaft along with a flex coupler to keep it from happening again.
Sounds like a hell of a boat.  

replaced all the motor mounts tonight,  not a fun job,  the transmission was a very easy,  6.2 supercharged was not so roomy at the front of the motor,  an hour to do the back end,  4hr and help from a buddy to do the two at the front,  just have to aline it now,  i marked it so i should be close to start

• 2 weeks later...

Yes. I have a 2014 F24 with the supercharged LSA. Couldn't believe it didn't have low end power like I thought it would when I loaded it down. Turns out, first it had a bad spark plug. I would recommend changing those out routinely since they're not that expensive and will probably help with fuel consumption even if they're not quite bad yet. Also, it has the 1.25:1 trans in it. Basically that means that the prop spins 20% faster at same engine RPM as the typical 1.5:1 trans for those years and 40% faster than the newer 1.7ish:1 trans on the newer MBs. So you'll need a prop with a lower pitch for the same net effect. I'm up at elevation so went with a 15x10.5 prop. Pulls 4200 lbs of ballast plus people with ease. 15x12 would work just fine too I'm sure, but I stick to smaller lakes. No need for the top end.