New Surf Tabs 2020??? did i miss something

giddyup

Was just looking at some pic's of the f24 and i see it has a different surf tab on the back,  they look very similar to the Gen1 from 2015  i tried to search but i didnt find anything   sorry if this has been discussed ,  i was going to add the GSA to my 2015 this winter  ,  why the change   any feed back on how its working

The F24 has a very different hull than the rest of the lineup. Look closely at the pics of it. The GSA just didn’t work as well with the pocketed corners on the transom of the F24. The “new” system is a variant of the gen 2. It seems to work better for that hull. 

i thought Ryan with GSA was running his tabs and having a great wave  i have seen an older f24 rolling a great wave,  but he just had a simple tab on the bottem of the hull on both sides,  i thought the GSA was working better

On 11/7/2020 at 2:56 PM, giddyup said:

Was just looking at some pic's of the f24 and i see it has a different surf tab on the back,  they look very similar to the Gen1 from 2015  i tried to search but i didnt find anything   sorry if this has been discussed ,  i was going to add the GSA to my 2015 this winter  ,  why the change   any feed back on how its working

GSA will work great on you 2015.  As noted above, the F24 has an entirely different wetted surface.  It looks more like a Nautique G boat at the stern than it does a previous generation MB.

20 hours ago, giddyup said:

i thought Ryan with GSA was running his tabs and having a great wave  i have seen an older f24 rolling a great wave,  but he just had a simple tab on the bottem of the hull on both sides,  i thought the GSA was working better

The older F24 worked fine with GSA. The new Alpha F24’s starting with the 2020 has a completely different hull that didn’t work so well with the GSA out of the gate. That is why they changed it. It still doesn’t make that great of a surf wave for a boat that big. The new Alpha 23’ B52 and F22 both run GSA.