Floor LEDs and other options

I'll bet money the front 2 cabin speakers are running off the deck.

Yeah, I'll bet you are right. so running the bow speakers to the empty side of the tower amp is probably the smart thing to do right now (although you'd also need to Y the RCAs off of the other amp so that those speakers are tied to the cabin speakers rather than the towers).

Since my thread has become a discussion on stereo' date=' has anyone had MB put a 12" sub in place of the 10"?[/quote']

No but I've put a 12" under the helm. It's sealed in a 1.25 ft3 box. I cut a |__| knotch into the false wall under the helm and slid the box in. It sticks about 4" into the footwell. Loss of footroom is imperceptible. It's an IDQv2 powered by a jl audio xd 600/1. Also managed to get the amp up under the helm too.

The factory sub location is leaky and unsealed. I didn't know whether it could be fortified to handle a bigger sub with more power so I went sealed under the helm instead.

Stereo tuning (and wiring for that matter) is not really MB's forte. When my boat was delivered (with a single amp), all of the speakers were wired to the headunit and the four channel amp was bridged on one side only for the sub. The crossovers and gains weren't even properly set for that! Not to mention that the amp was wired to one of the batteries directly rather than the common post on the perko switch.

If you like your tunes, it's worth an hour or two of checking over the wiring and retuning the system when the boat arrives.

I've put a 12" under the helm. It's sealed in a 1.25 ft3 box. I cut a |__| knotch into the false wall under the helm and slid the box in. It sticks about 4" into the footwell. Loss of footroom is imperceptible. It's an IDQv2 powered by a jl audio xd 600/1. Also managed to get the amp up under the helm too.

Do you have a picture of this set-up Shawndoggy?

Stereo tuning (and wiring for that matter) is not really MB's forte. When my boat was delivered (with a single amp)' date=' all of the speakers were wired to the headunit and the four channel amp was bridged on one side only for the sub. The crossovers and gains weren't even properly set for that! Not to mention that the amp was wired to one of the batteries directly rather than the common post on the perko switch.[/quote']

Ya, I'll definitely be going over the wiring. I was just informed today that MB was advised by Wet Sounds not to install the 420 EQ, mainly because I'm putting in a XS-XXX V2 sub when they are released. So I get to tune the system myself.

will they put speakers in the dash for you? That would be a huge sound upgrade. As it stands, the four speakers behind the windshield are really compromised for sound to the driver because of their location and because that's where people tend to sit (right in front of the speakers). It doesn't look that hard to do, but you will have to pull the windshield to do it, which is a bit of a PITA.

It doesn't look that hard to do' date=' but you will have to pull the windshield to do it, which is a bit of a PITA.[/quote']

Please post pictures/DIY info when you do this.

I'm not a big stereo guy but the lack of sound to the driver bugs me.

will do. The thing that keeps me from jumping right in on this project is the recurring nightmare of dropping the windshield. :ohmy: :ohmy:

Ya, I'll definitely be going over the wiring. I was just informed today that MB was advised by Wet Sounds not to install the 420 EQ, mainly because I'm putting in a XS-XXX V2 sub when they are released. So I get to tune the system myself.

Why would Wetsounds advise against the 420?