Custom cover and F22 hull year differences

I have a new to me 2016 F22. I am in the queue for an evolution cover. He told me that he has a pattern for a 2014 F22. Are these Hulls the same? I am 99.99% sure they are. I just looked at some pics of a 2014 and I see that the grab handles on the back of the boat just above the swim deck are different. 

Hey Brandon - the evolution cover doesn't come down far enough to cover the handles on the back above the platform - they simply act as a tie down point for straps to cinch down on the back of the cover. different handles shouldn't matter. Hope that helps...

Chris

Thanks Chris, I am just hoping someone will confirm that the rest of the boat is the same. Which I think it is... I will send Corey the image of the back of your boat with cover and the back of mine and see if he feels the straps need to be shifted at all. Thanks again for the pics of yours!

Speaking of covers....

I didn't spend the extra cash for the tower down cover that is available as an option. Seemed pricey for an upgrade compared to the tower up cover. I plan on a one or two SLC-Powell trips a year and a few SLC-St. George, UT trips a year. You guys think it is worth the money to go with the tower down cover as opposed to the standard cover? 

My past boat was a 18K bowrider and, well to be honest, we really didn't care too much about gel coat/interior protection. We always towed without a cover. We plan on babying the MB though. Advice?

57 minutes ago, Guppydriver said:

Speaking of covers....

I didn't spend the extra cash for the tower down cover that is available as an option. Seemed pricey for an upgrade compared to the tower up cover. I plan on a one or two SLC-Powell trips a year and a few SLC-St. George, UT trips a year. You guys think it is worth the money to go with the tower down cover as opposed to the standard cover? 

My past boat was a 18K bowrider and, well to be honest, we really didn't care too much about gel coat/interior protection. We always towed without a cover. We plan on babying the MB though. Advice?

I have the tower down cover and towed with it twice to Lake Powell with no problems, the 3rd time the cover must not have been tight enough and I did get some gel coat rub marks on a few spots, needless to say I towed home without it on and probably won't tow with it on again, it is just now used for protection when I store my boat on my RV pad....

So my 2 cents is to tow without it on to avoid any rubbing, it's what I plan on doing from this point forward.

1 hour ago, schill38 said:

I have the tower down cover and towed with it twice to Lake Powell with no problems, the 3rd time the cover must not have been tight enough and I did get some gel coat rub marks on a few spots, needless to say I towed home without it on and probably won't tow with it on again, it is just now used for protection when I store my boat on my RV pad....

So my 2 cents is to tow without it on to avoid any rubbing, it's what I plan on doing from this point forward.

Thanks Schill!

Rather spend the money on Boards anyway! Plus you get the tower up cover included, which would be fine in case of bad weather.

On 11/20/2020 at 11:46 AM, schill38 said:

I agree, I only tow with the cover going to powell. Mostly because of all the gear I stuff in the boat while towing. 

I didn't use mine this year because the tower down didn't even fit, because of the ptm clamp racks being too large is my guess. 

On 11/23/2020 at 4:12 PM, bloodiestcadaver said:

I only tow with the cover going to powell.

Yep it is a 6 hour tow for me. The evolution covers are supposed to be tow on covers. My factory cover is disintegrating. I also see myself putting stuff in the boat while traveling down. I lost one of the black tray's that go in between the cup holders on the last tow. I also like to put the cover on the boat while in the hotel parking lot.

Note don't shove your cover under the removable front filler cushion. I had my cover fly out and never found it.

I almost always tow cover on for anyplace that's further than 30-40 minutes, I hate a dirty, dusty and or wet boat. I wish I had a tower down cover to keep the bugs off my tower and speakers. Blue tape around the edges or saran wrap keep the chafing away.